• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comic Action # 1 vs. Original Art Grail

76 posts in this topic

---------------------------------------------------------

Yes sir,...my man !!!!

And many know who has it !!!!!

Between the original art to ASM # 1 and the Church Action # 1,..call me a new fangled breed,..but Id rather have the ASM # 1 OA Cover,...hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!

The damn thing deserves to be in the Metropolitan Museum of Art !

Well, I guess since you can display it on your wall for others to see that it is more viewable than a comic book, but since the Action # 1 is worth about2-3 million and there is no OA that even comes close to that price, then I would rather have the Action 1. I might sell it to buy some original art, but i am sure I would have a nice chunka change left over.

Id rather have the comic too. There are very few OA pieces I think are worth in the low 6 figures, let alone a million. And as much as I feel comic OA willl be more valuable and respected in the future, and would like to own say the ASM 122 cover, Id pass every day at that kind of price tag.

Does anyone have the original cover to Walt Disney Comics & Stories #1?

That one might be a million dollar piece just from the Disney aspect.

Yeah absolutely I agree. I heard one of the other posters say that Amazing Spiderman # 1 exists. Thats gotta be a few million too.

The one cover that I do know exists (and recently saw) was Frazetta's cover to Weird Science Fantasy 29 which hangs in the Frazetta museum. Ellie has told me she turned down 250K many years ago. If it were to come up for sale, I would guess it could push 500-750K?!?!?

The one cover that I do know exists (and recently saw) was Frazetta's cover to Weird Science Fantasy 29 which hangs in the Frazetta museum. Ellie has told me she turned down 250K many years ago. If it were to come up for sale, I would guess it could push 500-750K?!?!?

Thats a beaut. Wish I could afford it, but at least I could always visit the museum smile.gif

Thats a beaut. Wish I could afford it, but at least I could always visit the museum smile.gif

Fortunately, the museum believes in sharing its art. A good philosphy.... poke2.gif

probably the highest price artwork that exsists is probably the cover to spiderman #1....

Not even close! The most expensive single piece of artwork would be the cover to Action #1. That issue started it all... number 2 would be Detective #27. I'm a Marvel guy but there's just no denying the historical significance of these two.

KK

Although Pete is known to have a great deal of early Marvel art, I have not talked to anyone who has laid eyes upon the cover with 100% certainty. If people have, I would love to hear about it.

My sources say Peter Koch has THE MOTHER-LOAD of Early OA. And I have heard first hand from a very reliable source that the ASM #1 Cover is in his possession.

KK

Although Pete is known to have a great deal of early Marvel art, I have not talked to anyone who has laid eyes upon the cover with 100% certainty. If people have, I would love to hear about it.

My sources say Peter Koch has THE MOTHER-LOAD of Early OA. And I have heard first hand from a very reliable source that the ASM #1 Cover is in his possession.

Yes, and how did he come by all of this art? Oops, sorry, I forgot that we're not supposed to talk about that. Nothing to see here, folks, carry on... juggle.gif

KK

Yes, and how did he come by all of this art? Oops, sorry, I forgot that we're not supposed to talk about that. Nothing to see here, folks, carry on... juggle.gif

More self-righteous pablum from a self-righteous Euro-dolt.

And, I thought I was on igniore Delicatessen ?

in all fairness to the dentist that price was not [a song] back in 1982..it was probably 10 times guide he paid back than..that took alot of guts to lay out that kind of cash.ajusted for inflation it was a fortune..his wisdom of holding on to the book is what sets him apart from other collectors..its 23 years now...he truely deserves to be the owner of the grail of grails..