• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silent but deadly... G.I. Joe 21 appreciation thread

75 posts in this topic

I have a couple!

Canadian Copy:

EPSON011-2.jpg

Now that's interesting book since Canadian version is 75cents instead of 60cents. Yours is 90cents and also all French on front. You have any more info about that book?

This is the GI Joe French Heritage version (EH - Editions Heritage). This series made it up to 47 (from issue 11 up they are double issues having issues 13/14 then 15/16, etc often having a short Spiderman or some other Marvel story reprinted as well.). They were reprints with all the text rewritten in french.

(They have a french version from France as well).

There was a ComicOrama Jumbo reprint as well that had some Joe stories reprinted. Issue 283 has Issue 20 & 21 reprinted, as well as some other titles (like a trade paperback sampling).

They must have loved reprinting 21 in different countries; no translation needed!

This is the GI Joe French Heritage version (EH - Editions Heritage). This series made it up to 47 (from issue 11 up they are double issues having issues 13/14 then 15/16, etc often having a short Spiderman or some other Marvel story reprinted as well.). They were reprints with all the text rewritten in french.

(They have a french version from France as well).

There was a ComicOrama Jumbo reprint as well that had some Joe stories reprinted. Issue 283 has Issue 20 & 21 reprinted, as well as some other titles (like a trade paperback sampling).

They must have loved reprinting 21 in different countries; no translation needed!

Good info!

Thanks

Loves my new beater.

1320D7E9-8ACE-4FC0-AAE7-F3200F56E402.jpg

You could totally press that to a 9.6.............

lol I was hoping for a 9.8, though. :( Seriously though, I may have to use a blacklight, and spray some luminol on it before reading it.

So what's the latest on the hunt for a true 2nd print? Does one still not exist?

I believe the universal belief is that it doesn't exist OR it's an unmarked exact reprint of the 1st print (which is highly unlikely in my opinion). Third print was a typo or mistake maybe?

So what's the latest on the hunt for a true 2nd print? Does one still not exist?

I believe the universal belief is that it doesn't exist OR it's an unmarked exact reprint of the 1st print (which is highly unlikely in my opinion). Third print was a typo or mistake maybe?

Has anyone asked Hama what's up with the printings? Unless he has nothing to do with the printing end.

Very jealous.  I am sure my original copy would have held up well.  Made the mistake of selling my collection long time ago.  Now trying to reacquire. The 21 I was able to get is at best a 2.0.  Lots of indentions from a pen or something.  Hoping to get a better version, but will have to wait as well. Seems GI Joe comics are a hot commodity right now.

10 hours ago, Capn17 said:

Very jealous.  I am sure my original copy would have held up well.  Made the mistake of selling my collection long time ago.  Now trying to reacquire. The 21 I was able to get is at best a 2.0.  Lots of indentions from a pen or something.  Hoping to get a better version, but will have to wait as well. Seems GI Joe comics are a hot commodity right now.

I had the whole run and sold it on ebay for less than $100. At the time no one was interested in Joe. I kept my 21 though. Whoever bought that run from me got a fery nice joe collection as they were all OO and all HG like my 21 above.