• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silent but deadly... G.I. Joe 21 appreciation thread

75 posts in this topic

It used to be really tough in 9.8, but more copies of surfaced in the last few years.

Someone put up the census numbers when they get a chance. I am curious how many are there now. I haven't checked for years.

There now what 3 prints and a toy reprint?

Edited by Fastballspecial

It used to be really tough in 9.8, but more copies of surfaced in the last few years.

Someone put up the census numbers when they get a chance. I am curious how many are there now. I haven't checked for years.

For a long time there were no 9.8's. I sent in probably a dozen copies, and all of them were 9.6's. Based on some of the copies I've seen now, probably half of those I sent in would grade 9.8 at this point.

For a long time there were no 9.8's. I sent in probably a dozen copies, and all of them were 9.6's. Based on some of the copies I've seen now, probably half of those I sent in would grade 9.8 at this point.

Yeah I sent in a pair many years ago and 9.4 and 9.6 and was floored I thought they were flawless.

There still isn't as many by now as I thought there would be.

Yeah I sent in a pair many years ago and 9.4 and 9.6 and was floored I thought they were flawless.

There still isn't as many by now as I thought there would be.

Based on the lax standards this book has now for 9.8's, I agree.

I started posting here since near the beginning, and mainly because of G.I. Joe.

#21 (along with 24) was always my favorite book of any age. Why no club yet? (shrug)

I suppose there is one now. Let's see what you have.

Love the title!

:applause:(worship)

I remember when a forumite had the third 9.8 ever to be graded. I think the book was $400-$500. Someone offered him $750-$800 and he still wouldn't sell it. It ended up going for over $2K, I believe.

Crazy collecting times!

I started posting here since near the beginning, and mainly because of G.I. Joe.

#21 (along with 24) was always my favorite book of any age. Why no club yet? (shrug)

I suppose there is one now. Let's see what you have.

Love the title!

:applause:(worship)

I remember when a forumite had the third 9.8 ever to be graded. I think the book was $400-$500. Someone offered him $750-$800 and he still wouldn't sell it. It ended up going for over $2K, I believe.

Crazy collecting times!

I'm surprised I didn't make this a decade ago, or that someone else didn't. I think the first 9.8 sold for 3K? Wasn't me. Sadly, I've never actually had a 9.8 to this day.

Surely there must be copies in people's collections to show? (Insert Airplane! joke)

Renegar silver foil variants also welcome. :grin:

And Silent Master.. Wherefore out thou?

Edited by Dungeon 2.0

I have a first and third print but yet to ever lay my eyes/hands on a second print.

That's a mighty fine newsstand firsts print you have there. The mysterious 2nd print thing is a good discussion to bring here. Has anyone found out anymore info on it, or if it even exists?

I have a first and third print but yet to ever lay my eyes/hands on a second print.

That's a mighty fine newsstand firsts print you have there. The mysterious 2nd print thing is a good discussion to bring here. Has anyone found out anymore info on it, or if it even exists?

Thanks. Its the Canadian priced version as well. :)