• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet 16, Round 1: Hulk #180-182 vs Watchmen #1-12

Hulk #180-182 vs Watchmen #1-12  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Hulk #180-182 vs Watchmen #1-12

41 posts in this topic

Wolverine kept Marvel alive, while Watchmen was just a good read popcorn.gif

I thought we were comparing stories (Hulk 180-182 vs. Watchmen 1-12) not characters...

Exactly.

You guys can compare whatever you want. Stories, characters, sales, artists, writers, inkers, importance, hair styles...it doesn't matter. If you like the book for a specific reason, then that is what counts. thumbsup2.gif

I thought we were comparing stories (Hulk 180-182 vs. Watchmen 1-12) not characters...

Exactly.

You guys can compare whatever you want. Stories, characters, sales, artists, writers, inkers, importance, hair styles...it doesn't matter. If you like the book for a specific reason, then that is what counts. thumbsup2.gif

Excellent. From now on it's hair styles. tongue.gif

Exactly.

That's the way I've been voting... confused-smiley-013.gif Significance can mean may things...

Jim

Exactly.

I thought folks would like that one. Next up on hair styles of the heroes:

Wolverine vs Joseph Kovacs (Rorschach)

with an undercard of:

Wendigo vs the Silk Spectre

tongue.gif

Exactly.

I thought folks would like that one. Next up on hair styles of the heroes:

Wolverine vs Joseph Kovacs (Rorschach)

with an undercard of:

Wendigo vs the Silk Spectre

tongue.gif

You wouldn't want to meet Wendigo on a bad hair day.

wolverine vs. the owl would be more of a fair fight. winner gets the old mike grell timberwolf in a fight to the death

Holy Photo Finish Batman!

P.S. Alex. I was a fan of the original "seeded" contests, as matching up "similar" comics could have us ending with something like a "Watchmen vs. DKR & Thor 337 vs. Crisis" semi-finals. At the very least, let's keep a few important books, (like Watchmen and DKR) in separate pools to see if they can match-up at the end.

Holy Photo Finish Batman!

P.S. Alex. I was a fan of the original "seeded" contests, as matching up "similar" comics could have us ending with something like a "Watchmen vs. DKR & Thor 337 vs. Crisis" semi-finals. At the very least, let's keep a few important books, (like Watchmen and DKR) in separate pools to see if they can match-up at the end.

I'll do what I can, but can't guarantee who is going to be around for the next round. I am trying to keep it fair, as I am determining the all the matches for the round, prior to posting the 1st match. So all of the matches are set for this round.

I do think most of the big names will be there at the end regardless of what I do. But we'll see... grin.gif

Still can't believe Daredevil:Born Again didn't survive (not your fault Alex, just the way the voting has gone).

And I say that as a card-carrying member of the Moore Zombies. insane.gif