• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the copper age bubble burst??

45 posts in this topic

We're probably better off trying to match that spider guy with that spider guy.

Amazing Spider-man Acme & Dingo Boots Edition

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_sop=1&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_from=R40&_nkw=Spider-man%20Dingo&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Three slabbed copies after 35 years... only low-grade copies available on Ebay.

Based upon the calculations used for ASM #667, a single CGC 9.8 of Amazing Spider-man Acme & Dingo (ASM A&D) should probably be worth $25,000. hm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_sop=1&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_from=R40&_nkw=Spider-man%20Dingo&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Based upon the calculations used for ASM #667, a single CGC 9.8 of Amazing Spider-man Acme & Dingo (ASM A&D) should probably be worth $25,000. hm

I've tried finding a high grade copy of this. As well as the Jawbreaker issue. Tough books.

I've tried finding a high grade copy of this. As well as the Jawbreaker issue. Tough books.

Definitely. I've also used the calculations of the ASM #667 print run estimates and determined that there are probably fewer than 2 copies in existence.

The 3 slabs on the CGC census must be resubmissions of the same book, and the 3 copies available on Ebay are scams and stolen scans.

If anyone disagrees with this, they're really disagreeing with the math of the ASM #667 estimates... and I didn't do those. Those are from a guy who really knows what he's talking about. I'm just applying the same math here... plus the fact that the book is 35 years old... plus the much lower census number of 3.

It's simple really, not sure why anyone would doubt it. Unless they hate Acme & Dingo.

K

Definitely. I've also used the calculations of the ASM #667 print run estimates and determined that there are probably fewer than 2 copies in existence.

The 3 slabs on the CGC census are just resubmissions of the same book, and the 3 copies available on Ebay are scams and stolen scans.

If anyone disagrees with this, they're really disagreeing with the math of the ASM #667 estimates... and I didn't do those. Those are from a guy who really knows what he's talking about.

I'm just applying the same math here... plus the fact that the book is 35 years old... plus the much lower census number of 3.

It's simple really, not sure why anyone would doubt it. Unless they hate Acme & Dingo.

Hate Acme??? No way, man.

AC0D0FC0-FDA8-456E-834E-558798700217.jpg

The 3 slabs on the CGC census must be resubmissions of the same book, and the 3 copies available on Ebay are scams and stolen scans.

If anyone disagrees with this, they're really disagreeing with the math of the ASM #667 estimates... and I didn't do those. Those are from a guy who really knows what he's talking about. I'm just applying the same math here... plus the fact that the book is 35 years old... plus the much lower census number of 3.

There are several "rare" books that have reached those kind of prices in the copper age. 297 Pressman 9.8, venom black, and several black and white books. If a Jawbreaker, or Dingo boots ever came up in a 9.8, or even 9.6, I could see them selling for that, too.

Yeah, copper is ready to implode. seriously, are there even 50 issues published by the big 2 within the era of "copper" that regularly fetch more than $10-15 raw in really nice shape? i have my doubts.

It's funny because it's the same discussion that Bronze was having in the early years of this board.

Yeah, copper is ready to implode. seriously, are there even 50 issues published by the big 2 within the era of "copper" that regularly fetch more than $10-15 raw in really nice shape? i have my doubts.

It's funny because it's the same discussion that Bronze was having in the early years of this board.

i say it again and again, this is not an expensive hobby if you are not hunting down what is hot this month

i say it again and again, this is not an expensive hobby if you are not hunting down what is hot this month

That advice is so last month ago.

:o

:ohnoez:

For raw, not by anyone with a brain, and those were likely the usual suspects from the GA forums, looking to have some fun. CGC 9.8+ is a different animal, and many "low census" BA books have come down in price, some precipitously so.

Since I've been collecting comics in the early-80's, the year 1977 has been a firm delineation between "collectible" and "over-speculated" and over the longer-term, I still hold to that.

:signfunny::roflmao:

For raw, not by anyone with a brain, and those were likely the usual suspects from the GA forums, looking to have some fun. CGC 9.8+ is a different animal, and many "low census" BA books have come down in price, some precipitously so.

Since I've been collecting comics in the early-80's, the year 1977 has been a firm delineation between "collectible" and "over-speculated" and over the longer-term, I still hold to that.

"Get offa my lawn!" :preach:

Now is our chance! Time to build the hype.

68C1762E-D59F-4048-B723-98CFC3C34A54.jpg

Who better than Tomato Cat to match the popularity of that stupid spider guy?

but but but

youre covering the best part! :sorry:

Oh yeah! I have to correct that when I get a chance. :cloud9: