• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the copper age bubble burst??

45 posts in this topic

Probably nothing yet, but I have the whole UXM run with extras plus the various other X titles from the era.  I was more surprised when I was seeing copies of UXM 221 going for high amounts plus X-Factor 6 was getting hot again.  So, I decided to start checking more stuff out and my mind was blown.  I also don't know in what reality Transformers #1 is an almost $3K book in 9.8.

Edited by mec3437

My benchmark as the most influential book of the copper age is Dark Knight Returns. It introduced the mature storytelling for out superheroes, it introduced a new enduring character in Carie Kelly, and it introduced a while new comic format with the prestige book.

While DKR CG  9.8 was selling in the high $ 2000 's  just 2 months ago, the two most recent sales were $1625 then $1605. And it's still dropping.

The bubble has burst.

12 hours ago, jick said:

My benchmark as the most influential book of the copper age is Dark Knight Returns. It introduced the mature storytelling for out superheroes, it introduced a new enduring character in Carie Kelly, and it introduced a while new comic format with the prestige book.

While DKR CG  9.8 was selling in the high $ 2000 's  just 2 months ago, the two most recent sales were $1625 then $1605. And it's still dropping.

The bubble has burst.

Without engaging on whether it’s most influential it definitely didn’t introduce mature storytelling for superheroes.