• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mighty Con - October 31st 2015 Dupage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton IL

73 posts in this topic

I'm sad I can't make it, stuck in ohio... :sorry:

We will pour one out in your honor. :)

And in honor of Hector, here is a floor picture of some comics I picked up this weekend that will be at the show. More pictures as I organize this week.

IMG_1123_zpsuz88amd9.jpg

I think we'll be doing a lot of trading before the doors opening. nice books. i like those MOS18 and ASM361s

I think we'll be doing a lot of trading before the doors opening. nice books. i like those MOS18 and ASM361s

If you like MoS 18's, I think I have a whole set of printings (1-5) coming with me. And at least a dozen other first prints.

Worth it to bring any slabs?

just finished loading the truck

bringing a lot of everything

about 6-9 long boxes of 50 cent books

the key books i've pictured also many trades that will be cheap

i'll also have some free comics (FCBD) books for the kids

I hope whatever you trade is offered for sale.

I doubt it. At a small show like this it would be difficult to reprice and display right in front of the dealer you bought it from. He will take all the good stuff before the doors open and process it at home. Realizing this happens all the time, there's still no reason to point it out and remind us that this is just a buying show for the dealers, screw the attendees. Nothing worse than paying the 8.00 entry fee and not finding anything to buy because all the good stuff has been taken. I'm staying home.

Not that I need to bring this up, but there was no trading between myself and Hector until I was packing up -- at 3:30.

I bought 6 books from 1 dealer before the doors opened -- for $1 each; they were early Valiants.

There were actually a lot of quality books at this show; namely two larger dealers in the corner who routinely setup at WW Chicago and/or C2E2. Multiple $1k+ books; I saw at least 3 raw copies of Action #252 and some Golden Age Superman, CGC Batman Adventures #12 and New Mutants #98. Just about anything one was looking for could be found.

In fact I didn't see many dealers shopping before the doors opened; definitely not the feeding frenzy you see at WW or C2E2 were the dealers pile on a full day and a half before regular attendees come in. ;) And at that shows attendees pay $50 or so to get leftovers.

I found quite a bit of value for my $8 admission and commute. Pretty much every comic dealer had some books of interest, to me anyway. Ended up picking up about 70 books and thinking I should have grabbed more for the values out there.

For the size of this show there were a ridiculous number of cosplayers but there was an ice cream cart so I didn't mind.