• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO eyes WATCHMEN for T.V. series.
3 3

311 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2022 at 2:26 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I finally started this series. I liked E1, thought E2 was boring, and liked E3.

I enjoyed it overall in its entirety. And God I loved the apocalyptic squid scene.

Also, I must add:

Prior to watching this show, I didn't have a preference as to the original story's ending via the comic books vs the movie. I thought that they both served the story well. Having seen the show, I now prefer the graphic novel's finale.

IIRC, Episodes #4 and #6 both dragged a bit. Maybe they could have condensed the series into 8 episodes to make it flow better, but I'm not sure if that would hurt the show's format. Episode 5 is absolutely amazing, and it was during Episode 7 that I recognized this as one of the best shows I have seen.

I remember watching the animated Watchmen some years back (it's all on youtube if you want to watch it) and whilst limited in $$$ in production, was very enjoyable.

I did feel sorry for the actor who had to do everyone's voice though!

I think I preferred the ending too in all honesty.

If they do more Watchmen - they had better get it right, as the bar has been set very high indeed.

On 7/27/2023 at 6:49 PM, Beige said:

If they do more Watchmen - they had better get it right, as the bar has been set very high indeed.

They're doing a 2-part animated adaptation of the original series. Why? Couldn't fathom. IIRC, they'll both be about 90 mins. The live-action Director's Cut is that length. It would be pointless to faithfully adapt the graphic novel, because it in and of itself is perfect (and cannot be covered in 3 hours). What would be the point in adapting and changing it again in a medium that is inferior (for Watchmen, specifically) to both its source material and live-action? None, I say.

On 7/28/2023 at 8:15 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

They're doing a 2-part animated adaptation of the original series. Why? Couldn't fathom. IIRC, they'll both be about 90 mins. The live-action Director's Cut is that length. It would be pointless to faithfully adapt the graphic novel, because it in and of itself is perfect (and cannot be covered in 3 hours). What would be the point in adapting and changing it again in a medium that is inferior (for Watchmen, specifically) to both its source material and live-action? None, I say.

in-said-good-day-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif.4f8bf446f1998fcb0804c41ea88bd3d5.gif