• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweet 16, Round 3 Kraven's last hunt vs Thor #337

Kraven's last hunt vs Thor #337  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Kraven's last hunt vs Thor #337

10 posts in this topic

Welcome to Round 3 of the Sweet 16. Today's match features Kraven's last hunt vs Thor #337.

Kraven's last hunt arc. Published by Marvel 1987. Written by J.M. Dematteis with art by Mike Zeck and Bob McLeod. This arc is contained within Amazing Spider-man #293-294, Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man #131-132 and Web of Spider-Man #31-32. The Death of Kraven.

Thor #337. Published by Marvel 1983. Written and drawn by Walt Simonson. Introduction of Beta Ray Bill.

Good luck to both...

I would go with Thor if it was the entire first arc of Simonson's run, but since this is just the first issue I'm going to go with Kraven's Last Hunt since it was a major turning point in superhero comics: the hero is defeated by the villain and buried alive and ends with one of the hero's oldest foes - having done what he set out to do - committing suicide. It was truly unique (and surprisingly maturer in tone) superhero fare for mainstream comics.

I read both stories as they were released and I must say, though the Kraven story was excellent, the debut of Beta Ray Bill was A) a better story and B) a world more significant personally than the Spidey story considering it was one of the first few stories that I read that hooked me on comics.