• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2023 at 3:41 PM, Sarg said:

Yes, but kids also had very little money after buying comic books, so there wasn't much point in advertising to them. Come to think of it, ads in comics in general seem pretty pointless, unless the publishers could somehow convince the advertiser that a certain percentage of adults either did read comics or at least glanced at them. 

The ads must have worked though, because you can see the same ones over and over again for several years running.  No business will keep paying for a specific type of advertising that isn't pulling in customers.  Their repetition would seem to indicate the opposite.

LDarkseid1, thank you for the info about the prisoner's stripes. Very interesting! But kind of weird too that they thought prisoners could apply such an abstract symbol of defeat and hopelessness, even subconsciously. Probably the idea of a Warden's wife somewhere way back in the day who read an article about Freud. 

Thanks for doing the legwork, which I was not too lazy to do, but you see, in this way we actually had a bit of a variation of a conversation which would not have happened if I had Googled it myself. Forums should be forums. Thanks again, man! 

Edited by Professor Echo

On 5/11/2023 at 4:13 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I googled it for you 👊

IMG_0223.jpeg

Thanks. Now days you get a bright orange jumpsuit. Kinda stands out if you make a break. Nothing like El Salvatore where you only get your chonies. This is a ROUGH place. Where they house gang members. Wouldn’t break my heart if they did it here. 

IMG_6526.jpeg

On 5/12/2023 at 12:51 AM, Professor Echo said:

LDarkseid1, thank you for the info about the prisoner's stripes. Very interesting! But kind of weird too that they thought prisoners could apply such an abstract symbol of defeat and hopelessness, even subconsciously. Probably the idea of a Warden's wife somewhere way back in the day who read an article about Freud. 

Thanks for doing the legwork, which I was not too lazy to do, but you see, in this way we actually had a bit of a variation of a conversation which would not have happened if I had Googled it myself. Forums should be forums. Thanks again, man! 

Interesting info to say the least, and I certainly always enjoy learning something new.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:21 PM, fifties said:

Cross posting from the recent precode purchases thread.

Authentic Police Cases 4.jpg

Nice one and one I don’t see often. Recently, I found the last one of those I needed to have all the ones I wanted. Maybe half the run. With the prices many of these are bringing now days, I really see no real reason to have them all. Besides, other than the covers, the interior content is a little “dry” for me.