• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It would be Criminal not to show your CRIME comics!
20 20

2,426 posts in this topic

SAINT%204_zpsriua3g6s.jpg

Lovely! :cloud9:

Edited by adamstrange

Warren Kremer art, before his days drawing cute covers for Harvey kid titles.

Super-Mystery%20V7%203_zpsuwv00ynb.jpg

Ok, time to get my feet wet in pool. Some iv'e shared before, some not, will post more on my day off Thursday, but really wanted to play.

:Super-Mystery Comics v8 #6. This is the last issue of the series, and it pairs the Crime and Horror genre on this one.

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v8%206_zpsm1ucj1bw.jpg

Great cover!! Now added to my "want list".

What do my fellow crime collectors find to be the best reading?

For me the pinnacle are the EC Crime Suspenstories and crime contributions to Shock Suspenstories.

Other solid reading would be:

The Jack Cole True Crime books

Many of The S&K crime stories in Headline, Real Clue and Justic Traps the Guilty.

The Johnny Dynamite stories in Comic Media's Dynamite.

The first three issues of Underworld from D.S.

Books where the contents deliver the promise of the cover like Fight Against Crime #20 and Lawbreakers Suspense #11

The early issues of CDNP have their moments, and the FOX femme fatale books I have read are fun, crude and repetitive as they are.

The L.B. Cole stories in Law-Crime are great examples of his interior work.

I've read maybe a dozen issues and found Wanted to be hit or miss, but has also delivered it's fair share of entertainment. Mort Leav did some fine splashes, and Buscema and Anderson made contributions to the later issues.

Fight Against Crime in general is a better than average book based on what I've read.

Of course there are "classic" and "excessive violence" stories scattered throughout the genre, mostly noted in Overstreet and the like, mainly due to graphic content more than superior story telling or art. In my limited experience these can be sometimes overrated.

And while the Kerry Drake books are perhaps more accurately described as newspaper reprint books, they are always a fun read, as of course are Tracy books.

I have a fondness for the crime genre, but understand why it takes a back seat to PCH with many collectors, as horror books lend themselves to more outrageous and bizarre stories in general, and the inclusion of skeletons, vampires and other supernatural creatures tends to more interesting covers in general.

I'd love to know particular titles and issues others have found superior, as I'm always looking for an excuse to expand my want list.

Ok, time to get my feet wet in pool. Some iv'e shared before, some not, will post more on my day off Thursday, but really wanted to play.

:Super-Mystery Comics v8 #6. This is the last issue of the series, and it pairs the Crime and Horror genre on this one.

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v8%206_zpsm1ucj1bw.jpg

Great cover!! Now added to my "want list".

To think i had something in my collection that prompted you to want to add one to your amazing collection......PRICELESS! :D Thanks buddy!