• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis's 'The Boys' the next Ennis series for TV!?
3 3

442 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

So I finished watching this series and while it was good (and if they make a season 2 I will watch it), I don't feel as if the last few episodes hold up as well as the first ones. 

I'm up to 4, though lately I have tried not to binge shows as I feel less satisfied afterwards.

But with this show, WOW! I just hope that last episode doesn't let me down.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I'm up to 4, though lately I have tried not to binge shows as I feel less satisfied afterwards.

But with this show, WOW! I just hope that last episode doesn't let me down.

I would not say the last episode is a let down, I just don't think it is as good as the first couple.  Overall I'd give this show 4 out of 5 stars.

I still want to throw a shout out to the Homelander, dude that plays him does a wicked good job of being evil.

Man, if they had ended the season with that Episode 4 Homelander speech that would have been one heck of a powerful ending. Especially knowing where he got it from.

Really loving this show so far. And I had never read the comic books, so have no source reference points to worry about.

Finished!

I like this show. This grabbed my attention like Umbrella Academy where I didn't want to stop watching it was so fresh.

All of The Seven casting was great too (well, other than Black Noir portrayed by Nathan Mitchell yet who would know? :insane: ). And I was okay with the ending, as brutal as it turned out to be before the final scene.

I can see why Amazon signed up for a Season Two quickly after watching the 8 episodes.

Looks like the race is on!

Does the super-powered The Boys thread from 2015 win, or its young 2018 sidekick that was search-challenged?

Only time wil tell. And a little Compound V. :insane:

On 7/27/2019 at 1:55 PM, Rip said:

That plane is brutal, Dolphin scene was some f-ing hilarious. 2 left... loving it.

I was wondering where they were going with The Deep and a dolphin. :ohnoez:

13 hours ago, media_junkie said:

Awesome!

One of the few wise moves lately from a streaming service. I'm impressed Amazon even embraced this material so deeply, and let the show cut lose like it did.

:applause:

24 minutes ago, Bkd Reader said:

Just finished up yesterday. I did not read the comics but may have to now. It was really well done, kinda reminded me of the Reckoner series by Brandon Sanderson. My favorite part was the deadly use of baby, had me cracking up. I'll most definitely be watching season 2.

I wonder if killed by baby eye beams is in the ICD-9 code book in that world.