• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!

26 posts in this topic

I have an Okajima book, and while it isn't high grade, the colors are nice and the pages are white. There's at least one Okajima copy in the current Heritage auction that's identified as such on the CGC label. There was a "Certificate of Authenticity" that came with it that explains where the collection came from, lmk if anyone wants to see it. I believe Alan Bahr, from Heroes-something-or-another(?) out in California found the collection.

yank23_crop.jpg

That cover is awesome. She seems a little over-dressed for a KKK rally. Thank God Running-pleated-pants Man is coming to save the day!

I love those Clown/Ringmaster/Equestrian pants (pantalones de Pagliacci). Claude Kirschner, the Ringmaster/World's Worst Ventriloquist with "Clownee" on channel 9 NYC that hosted a cartoon show in the late 50s and early 60s (a la Officer Joe Bolton, Capt. Jack McCarthy, Sandy Becker, et al) wore those same ridiculous pants!! laugh.gif

I had no idea that the KKK used Cobras in their trailer trash terror campaign!! shocked.gif You learn something useful every day!!! smirk.gif

Ronnie L Murry will be the tallest dealer at Wonder Con. He consistently has nice raw 50s & silver age books for sale. Saw him sell 10 hi-grade Hulk 181 to Harley at San Diego con during dealer set up. Ron had a 12 pack of raw Hulk 181s. ooo.gif

Is he Michael Jordan tall (6' 6")? Or Big Show tall (7' 0")?? Or Shawn Bradley tall (7' 6")??? Or Robert Wadlow tall (8' 11")????? Or Giraffe tall (18')????? shocked.gif

Did anyone happen to check out his feet? Maybe he's standing on his partner's shoulders! grin.gif Or there could be a moat dug around his table, giving him the illusion, from the viewer's perspective, that he's a giant. They use to do that technique with Alan Ladd's leading ladies (dig a hole for them to stand in). laugh.gif

Where did this thread take that left turn at Albakurquey(?) ? I thought we were talking about the KKKs use of cobras to interrogate victims! But if we are talking about tall guys - maybe he just wears shirts with vertical stripes or long skinny numbers to appear taller.