• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jet City Comic Show - Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 2015 - Tacoma, WA

15 posts in this topic

Oct. 31 & Nov. 1, 2015

Tacoma Convention & Trade Center

1500 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402

10am to 5pm Both Days

Jet City Comics Show is a "Back to Basics Comic Book Convention", a bit "old school" with some "new school" added in but the focus remains on comics.

www.jetcitycomicshow.com www.jetcitycomicshow.com

Actors:

Michael Berryman - The Hills Have Eyes, Weird Science

Linnea Quigley - Scream Queen Legend, The Return of the Living Dead

Vernon Wells - Mad Max 2, InnerSpace, Commando, Weird Science

Comic Creators:

Matthew Clark

Nancy A Collins

Clayton Crain

Sean Dietrich

Randy Emberlin

Michel Gagne

Emi Lenox

Jose Marzan Jr.

Bob McLeod

Ibrahim Moustafa

Mark Rahner

Ron Randall

Christopher Sebela

Stan Shaw

Matthew Southworth

Jen Vaughn

Jeffrey Veregge

Brett Weldele

Shane White

G Willow Wilson

Authors:

Terry Brooks - Shannara Series

Robin Hobb - Farseer Trilogy

Brian Herbert - 50th Anniversary of Dune

Chelsea Campbell

Megan Chance

Kate Danley

J. Lincoln Fenn

Camille Greip

Alex R Kahler

Elliot Kay

Lisa Mantchev

Shawn Speakman

Bruce Taylor

Mark Teppo

Roberta Trahan

I went on Sunday. Dealers said it was much busier on Saturday. Several thought they should stick to one day and I think a weekend other than Halloween weekend may have benefited? I didn't pick up anything worth noting just stuff for my shop.

I went on Sunday. Dealers said it was much busier on Saturday. Several thought they should stick to one day and I think a weekend other than Halloween weekend may have benefited? I didn't pick up anything worth noting just stuff for my shop.

I think this is a question not only for this show but a lot of shows.

One day cons have been stretching to two, and two to three. And I'm not sure if there is enough value in it for the dealers.

If you think you can get 800 people for a one-day show but 1,100 over two days, is that extra 300 people going to spend the money that can recoup the costs of incurred?

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this year. How was the selection of SA and GA books?

There were more than 4 quality SA/BA/CA dealers (Steve Sibra (ex-Rocket Comics), Ken, Clancey, King and others) at the smaller 1 day Bellingham comicon Oct/15 than Jet City. That is to be expected as the smaller mom/pop/private collector may not have enough decent comics to sell at Jet City, work a full-time day job, and cost of booth/table obviously goes up for a 2 day con. :wishluck:

Not a lot. Three or four dealers?

This is good to know for next year. I did see Cloud 9 Comics listed as a vendor,which I know has SA and some GA, but i did not recognize any other vendors from the list of exhibitiors that sell SA and GA.

There were more than 4 quality SA/BA/CA dealers (Steve Sibra (ex-Rocket Comics), Ken, Clancey, King and others) at the smaller 1 day Bellingham comicon Oct/15 than Jet City. That is to be expected as the smaller mom/pop/private collector may not have enough decent comics to sell at Jet City, work a full-time day job, and cost of booth/table obviously goes up for a 2 day con. :wishluck:

I've contemplated making the drive up for this show in the past. I will have to make it next year for sure. (thumbs u