• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Creeps: In the Warren tradition w/many original Warren artists and writers
2 2

110 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, Skylath said:

Welp, looks like their version of Vampirella is in the works. Interested to see the turn out.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FROM WARRANT PUBLISHING COMPANY: Okay folks, we recently finished a meeting with our trademark attorney and he's given us the green light to announce the HOST of our upcoming NEW MAGAZINE, which will be releasing in late 2020. We can't announce the title yet, but here she is! CARMILLA! She's the teen-age vampire title character of the 1872 vampire novel "Carmilla" by author Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu. CARMILLA! is a REAL vampire, not a space alien, and her sole job is to tell horror stories! This means that other than her origin story, which will appear in her first issue, she will NOT have a continuing series. At least for now. Although she's actually over 150 years old, CARMILLA'S real age is just 17, so KEEP IT CLEAN, GUYS!

Image may contain: one or more people

21 minutes ago, wombat said:

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT FROM WARRANT PUBLISHING COMPANY: Okay folks, we recently finished a meeting with our trademark attorney and he's given us the green light to announce the HOST of our upcoming NEW MAGAZINE, which will be releasing in late 2020. We can't announce the title yet, but here she is! CARMILLA! She's the teen-age vampire title character of the 1872 vampire novel "Carmilla" by author Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu. CARMILLA! is a REAL vampire, not a space alien, and her sole job is to tell horror stories! This means that other than her origin story, which will appear in her first issue, she will NOT have a continuing series. At least for now. Although she's actually over 150 years old, CARMILLA'S real age is just 17, so KEEP IT CLEAN, GUYS!

How is this company NOT getting sued?

On 1/2/2020 at 9:49 PM, wombat said:

6517CC2E-8F52-4876-B984-4A6DCF056D7B.jpeg

On 4/29/2020 at 9:28 PM, wombat said:

SNEAK PEEK! YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST! The initial mock-up of the Frank Frazetta cover for The Creeps #26 coming up this Summer! Also! Great work from original Warren creators Jeff Easley, Don Glut, Richard Margopoulos and a story by the late, great Nicola Cuti! www.TheCreepsMagazine.com

Image may contain: text

One of my favorite Frazetta paperback covers!  Time War (not my copy, image taken from internet)

Time War.png

4 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Has anyone ordered directly from the Creeps website? Curious as to how they are packed and the condition they arrive in. I may finally pull the trigger and order a few,

I thought about it in the beginning, but the shipping was too much. I used to get it at Barnes and Nobles before Diamond carried them. Now I have a subscription at my LCS. 

I have been getting them through DCBS, but haven’t been happy with the condition. Generally arrive in 9.0-9.2 condition. I tried ordering directly from them to see if I could maybe get pristine condition, but got a similar result on the one order I placed. I’ve considered ordering maybe a five or ten pack of an issue to maybe get a high grade copy out of the bunch. Would be great if they came up with a subscription program where you paid full price Or more and they hand picked pristine copy for you mailed in a Gemini package. I’d do that in a heartbeat. 

Would really love to start picking up this run but I keep hearing and seeing stories like the above of the poor condition in which they arrive.

I ordered one copy from Midtown a while back and it came through in pretty rough shape. Shame because most of the covers are fantastic.