• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robotech # 0 by Wildstorm this December

13 posts in this topic

Anybody else excited about the next 80's nostalgia comic to land? I know I am. I have read all 21 books 2 times over. I have every episode in the 7 DVD box set. And I just got Robotech Battlecry for the Playstation 2 and I must say it looks and feels just like the anime.

I hope that they will begin the story from the point where the SDF-1 crash lands on earth. Then have mini - series chronicled as the titles of the books. Like a mini-series per book. That's just my hopes.... First Transformers, then ThunderCats and now Robotech. All you fans out there got to know what my signiture means now. As sung by the one and only Lynn Minmei in book 5 Force of Arms.... take it away....

You are correct Rubicon is Book 17 of the Robotech Series... where the great Bretai and the Regent engage in a duel to the death. This has been my online name for as long as I can remember. If you want to read the books in best chronological order, it's best to do it like this:

Book 1 - Genesis

Book 2 - Battle Cry

Book 3 - Homecomming

Book 4 - Battlehymn

Book 5 - Force of Arms

Book 6 - Doomsday

Book 19 - The Zentraedi Rebellion

Book 13 - Devil's Hand

Book 14 - Dark Powers

Book 15 - Death Dance

Book 16 - World Killers

Book 17 - Rubicon

Book 20 - The Masters' Gambit

Book 7 - Southern Cross

Book 8 - Metal Fire

Book 9 - The Final Nightmare

Book 21 - Before the Invid Storm

Book 10 - Invid Invasion

Book 11 - Metamorphosis

Book 12 - Symphony of Light

Book 18 - The End of the Circle

You just have to keep in mind that Wolfe appears in the Sentinels and the 3nd generation. Also Dana appears in the 2nd generation and the end of the Sentinels. Some time confusion due to space-folding. My favorite character is Max Sterling by far, then followed by Bretai then Tesla. I hope they don't just make 6 comics... that would be such a waste of good stories to tell.

I agree.... I would love to see the battle between Max Sterling and the Dark Mecha. I would like to see a whole re-make of the entire video series. There are so many stories which they didn't adapt to the anime. With today's digital and audio capabilities they can do one person_without_enough_empathy of a re-make. Dam Harmony Gold what are they waiting for?? I have to say I'm loving the game for the Playstation 2. It's pretty hard and it always reminds me of when Max faced off against Miriya in the arcade.

Favorite quote " Trust me I'm an expert at these sort of things " Max Sterling....

yes the dark mecha, "max's equal or better" I loved that and always wondered what that would have been like to see. I have not played the robotech game yet as my system is a gamecube and it will not be out until next week frown.gif

tell me is it as fun as i hope it is.....what mecha are involved in the game

Let's see you chance choose from:

VF-1A

VT-1D

VF-1J

VF-1S

YF-1R

Armored Veritech

Super Veritech

Plus many different kinds of Paint configurations. Some of the fighters are unlocked when you get various awards. I have been waiting for a game like this since Scrambled Valkyre for the Super-Famicom.

I'm about 1/2 way through the game. There is even a vs mode so you can challenge a friend. I can bet you pre-ordered Metroid Prime. I am going to get a game cube for that game only.

Heh - wicked, I may have to buy a console just to play this game!

I'm excited about the comic book too. Btw, have you bought any of the recent Veritech reissue toys. I've been thinking about it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I bought some of the 15 aniversary re-issue toys for my brother for his birthday a couple of years back. I have a Suncoast Gift Card that has Robotech on the front. I keep putting $$ on the card from time to time... the girl who works there thinks I'm strange? lol

My favorite toy I own is the red / white Jet Fire. The one issued by Bandai, I don't know the exact name VF-1S? It's diecast Metal and transforms. My friend who introduced me to Robotech had 2 of these sitting on each side of his computer. He recently got married and moved to Pensylvania and when he moved he gave me this Veritech. It's so awesome.

The reissues are fully transformable, right?

Btw, I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but why does one of the veritechs say "pilot: H. Ichijoe" on the side? I remember, Rick Hunter, Roy Fokker, Max, etc... so who the heck is H Ichijoe?

confused.gif

Dan

That name could be a one of the characters name in Japanese. I don't know all the names I think Rick Hunter is like Hiroko or something like that. The 15th Anniversary Mecha didn't transform butn they look really good. I am stuck on one part of the game Battlecry ( The Cats eye boards ) Where you have to protect the Cats eye. It's just so hard. Either I die or the cats's eye bites it. I love the vs mode. I total own my brother when I play him grin.gif

I have been playing the Plastation 2 Game Robotech Battle Cry for some time now and I'm almost finished the game. I had some major stumps. Some of the features unlocked is an interview with Reba West ( voice of Lynn Minmei ) man that freaked me out. Also one with Melanie MacQueen ( voice of Lisa Hayes ) I have never seen the actors who do the voice overs and it was a bit strange, yet very interesting smile.gif

NWS_116_5_5853.jpg

Guess who these people are lol