• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warren's Dracula from 1972 and 1990 Question

12 posts in this topic

So I've been looking for a nice copy of Warren's Dracula book from 1972 and noticed mycomicshop also lists a reprint of the book done in 1990.

Anyone own both books and care to share the differences?

Also what is the correct title for the book. I see listings as TPB, Special or Book 1?

I recently picked up this preview of the original book. Is it hard to find?

5ad16f156298c5bd5a27b3b361ae62049eace8a6.jpeg

ede36c6b114769ef9c8dce22babb5e665e908206.jpeg

Any input including what a good price range for a VF to NM for the original and reprint would be helpful.

Someone posted this book here recently... I can't remember who... I'll look around

I'm pretty sure someone posted it in the "new to my collection thread" in CG recently. I think I asked about it as I had never seen it before. Maybe Greggy.

Someone posted this book here recently... I can't remember who... I'll look around

I'm pretty sure someone posted it in the "new to my collection thread" in CG recently. I think I asked about it as I had never seen it before. Maybe Greggy.

Found it. It was Greggy.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=8892356&Searchpage=1&Main=39428&Words=dracula&topic=0&Search=true#Post8892356

The bummer about the Warren Dracula is that it only includes half of the run. I can't recall if it was collected completely in it's New English Library edition, but it was released as 12 separate comic/magazine in UK in English.

The Warren edition is an excellent book but it remains unfinished. Can you provide a link or picture of the 1990 reprint? Don't recall ever seeing that before and think it may be a mistake. The only thing that comes to mind is an edition published by Catalan in the late 80's or early 90's by a Spanish artist named Fernandez, that while quite excellent in it's own regard is not a reprint of the one published by Warren. Warren's volume 2 was never issued, as far as I know.

So I've been looking for a nice copy of Warren's Dracula book from 1972 and noticed mycomicshop also lists a reprint of the book done in 1990.

Anyone own both books and care to share the differences?

Also what is the correct title for the book. I see listings as TPB, Special or Book 1?

I recently picked up this preview of the original book. Is it hard to find?

5ad16f156298c5bd5a27b3b361ae62049eace8a6.jpeg

ede36c6b114769ef9c8dce22babb5e665e908206.jpeg

Any input including what a good price range for a VF to NM for the original and reprint would be helpful.

:hi: I didn't see an answer to your preview question yet. I'm pretty certain that the 8 page preview was distributed within certain issues of Creepy or Eerie. You can see that it has a fold in it like it was inserted between a mag.

As was mentioned earlier the original series is the 12 issue New English Library (NEL) publication. The books are oversized at 9x12 roughly and tough to get in decent grades generally. The first issue of that run also had a poster contained. Similarly to how your preview issue was inserted into either issues of Creepy or Eerie. Finding one with poster intact has been difficult. I believe I have an extra copy of most of the run if you are interested. Just Message me and we can chat more if so.

Really cool Maroto Art. Love the series. Nice gem that is thinly known about.

- bounty

I ordered my copy from Warren when it came out.

Read it a few times and pages started detaching from the glue on the spine.

Warren was infamous for the shoddy jobs on their specials.

Roughly half of the Vampirella hard backs were destroyed upon arrival at Warren's office as they came apart in shipping from Mexico.