• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
16 16

8,405 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2021 at 4:40 PM, Foxtrot70 said:

Got this barks classic last month.   I feel bad for people who had to wait for months at time hoping to see full length barks on the newsstand.   

2A87F913-38A1-4906-A40A-C33132980BF5.jpeg

I love this book. I still remember getting my copy back in 1974/75 ordered from the Buyer's Guide. It was a cold winter day and I was feeling pretty sick coming home from high school on the bus. The bus driver let us off about a half mile before our normal stop in a cold rain and I remember miserably walking home and getting soaked and probably sicker. When I got home like a precious gift the mailman had delivered my beat up copy of this book! It was and still is such a great story!

Finally, I see some prices getting back to "normal". FC 16 (Phantom Blot) 4.5 sold for 5,760.

That's a copy I'd love to buy and I find the price reasonable.

Also others Disney's are going down a bit, and that's a good news!

On 11/22/2021 at 4:51 AM, DavideD said:

Finally, I see some prices getting back to "normal". FC 16 (Phantom Blot) 4.5 sold for 5,760.

That's a copy I'd love to buy and I find the price reasonable.

Also others Disney's are going down a bit, and that's a good news!

Yeah I've noticed a slight decline as well.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I found this beater Uncle Scrooge today at my LCS...for $10.  I think I got ripped off...:cry:  Plus, Photoshop screwed up on the blue color...it wouldn't duplicate the blue-green...

51699334768_43accec030_c.jpg

“Money laundering” cover. Hard to do that with Crypto currency. Oh, unless you are buying Promise Collection books...:devil:

On 11/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I found this beater Uncle Scrooge today at my LCS...for $10.  I think I got ripped off...:cry:  Plus, Photoshop screwed up on the blue color...it wouldn't duplicate the blue-green...

51699334768_43accec030_c.jpg

You should have left it there for the next generation of duck collectors to discover! At that price it would be a tempting buy. That's how I started picking up the classic four color tales for a few bucks via mail order from the Buyer's Guide!

On 11/23/2021 at 11:01 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

You should have left it there for the next generation of duck collectors to discover! At that price it would be a tempting buy. That's how I started picking up the classic four color tales for a few bucks via mail order from the Buyer's Guide!

Naw...I've always wanted the Tralala issue...:)  I might trade it to AJD for his nicer copy.  I think he could use an extra $5...:idea:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

Picked up a few really low grade Dell Giants at the same store.  They were super cheap...and look it...but for $2.75 each I don't really care...:cool:

51699317248_5bc49fbb6d_c.jpg

51699713124_70f49bc509_c.jpg

This Disneyland issue would have been decent, except for the 2 binder holes...

51699316643_f10a071e9e_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On 11/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, Robot Man said:

I keep a "well loved" pile of ECs on a shelf in the closet for exactly the same reason.

When I need a "duck fix", I just pull out these. All the Barks one shots from FC#9 to the end and US #1-40. 

bvdduck1.jpg

bvdduck2.jpg

bvdduck4.jpg

bvdduck6.jpg

bvunclescrooge1.jpg

bvunclescrooge2.jpg

bvunclescrooge3.jpg

bvunclescrooge5.jpg

I saw some of these bound volumes at the Disney archives… so tempted to check them out… permanently 😈😈

On 11/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, dikran1 said:

I saw some of these bound volumes at the Disney archives… so tempted to check them out… permanently 😈😈

These were put together by a local antique dealer in the very early '70's. He bought them all used one by one at Cherokee Bookshop in Hollywood. The later issues and most of the Scrooges he bought new. When he completed them he had them bound. One day, at the flea market he pulled them out and offered them to me. He needed money so they ended up being mine.

But sad part of the story was his brother's EC's. His brother just gave them away a few years earlier...:sorry:

On 11/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, Robot Man said:

I keep a "well loved" pile of ECs on a shelf in the closet for exactly the same reason.

When I need a "duck fix", I just pull out these. All the Barks one shots from FC#9 to the end and US #1-40. 

bvdduck1.jpg

bvdduck2.jpg

bvdduck4.jpg

bvdduck6.jpg

bvunclescrooge1.jpg

bvunclescrooge2.jpg

bvunclescrooge3.jpg

bvunclescrooge5.jpg

wow!  awesome bound volumes!

On 11/22/2021 at 4:57 AM, DavideD said:

Finally I completed all the earliest Ducks before Barks!

This last one is the most difficult and I bought it from Cloud9 (Ken is a Top seller!). Covers just ok but still glossy and inside is clean without any colors/signs:

IMG-1119.jpg

IMG-1120.jpg

Nice score. I have only ever seen just a few copies for sale. Tough, tough, book!