• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
4 4

2,041 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, drotto said:

Reading the tweets.   The movie is good not great ( seeming like a 60 to 70 on RT).  People are pointing out that the visuals overall are very good, but the CGI comes up short in some areas.  The plot is very thin, and Steppenwolf is so so at best.  Movie is uneven at times. On the plus side the tone is much lighter, is actually funny, and most importantly the characters ring true and interact very well.  Gal and Ezra are singled out for being great. It is coming across as a much more Marvel film, which may not sit well with some.

Just reading the tweet tea leaves.  Seems like Whedon may have saved this thing.  The biggest pluses being reported are character moments, comedy, and dialog.  Things that have always been his strong points, and not Snyder.  The Snyder visuals are strong and given due credit, but the weaknesses seem like things that would have been baked in very early in production.

I have gone from may see to will see, but still with reservations. 

I am going to wait until Rotten Tomatoes to get an overall better picture than a few tweets. It is good though that it seems more liked than BvS and Suicide Squad.

45 minutes ago, drotto said:

Reading the tweets.   The movie is good not great ( seeming like a 60 to 70 on RT).  People are pointing out that the visuals overall are very good, but the CGI comes up short in some areas.  The plot is very thin, and Steppenwolf is so so at best.  Movie is uneven at times. On the plus side the tone is much lighter, is actually funny, and most importantly the characters ring true and interact very well.  Gal and Ezra are singled out for being great. It is coming across as a much more Marvel film, which may not sit well with some.

Just reading the tweet tea leaves.  Seems like Whedon may have saved this thing.  The biggest pluses being reported are character moments, comedy, and dialog.  Things that have always been his strong points, and not Snyder.  The Snyder visuals are strong and given due credit, but the weaknesses seem like things that would have been baked in very early in production.

I have gone from may see to will see, but still with reservations. 

lol

I love how you insert your views into what these people are posting.

"Whedon may have saved this thing"

"weaknesses seem like things that would have been baked in very early in production"

You may have missed Charles Roven's comments from the Entertainment Weekly article that came out yesterday. It was Snyder that brought Whedon in to help him ensure there was some refinement of certain scenes. Not Whedon redoing most of the movie.

Tv2yPI7LpBhcH9aXjP56UKxG9qpBIGHazV_szaBX

Come on, man. Move on from the dislike you have for Snyder productions. The guy was big enough to bring in Whedon ahead of time to help this come together. But then when he backed out, it made sense for Whedon to take over.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Glad they don't let you judge book covers:D.

I think we've gone to extremes in terms of expectations of movies.  If it doesn't hit $1 billion it's a failure.  If the CGI isn't perfect it sucks.  If all the red colors are the same it's garbagelol.  Go see the movie man.  Afterwards decide if it was worth the $10 and 2 hours of your life.  I expect it will(thumbsu.

I can only base my expectations on what I've seen so far in the trailers, and how I felt about MoS and BvS, which I'd considered to be of a piece with JL, and both of which I loathed. I'm willing to go see JL and try to judge it on its own merits, but with the partial exception of Wonder Woman, I've had a strong distaste for the general aesthetic of the DCU movies so far. I just think the whole "universe" was launched in an ugly and wrongheaded fashion. Would I love to see a great Justice League movie? Absolutely! But nothing I've seen so far suggests that this will be a change from what has come before, and I already know how I feel about that junk.

I don't have a personal stake in how much it makes, so financial success doesn't matter to me. And CG doesn't have to be perfect. For me, "perfect" would mean practically no CG at all. But I realize I am not with the times in this respect. Someone keeps paying to see those godawful Transformers movies, after all.

So yeah, I will withhold a final judgment until I see the actual film. But so far I can only base my anticipation around what I've seen in the trailers, the the trailers just make me sad.

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Entertainment Weekly released a BTS shot where you realize how big some of these actors are selected for these roles. I'm not sure how tall Geoff Johns is (5'8"?), but he looks like a kid next to Jason Momoa.

QNsrep6.jpg

Whoa, everyone else is probably pretty jealous that that the Cyborg guy gets to wear Pj's while they're all cinched up in plastic body armor and foam.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree I thought the trailer was not very good.

For someone that enjoyed MOS, I'm surprised. That beginning pulls you right back to those roots

Well usually you unveil more a plot them see big explosives and a guy from the water flying around. 
Keep in mind I wasn't a huge JLA fan growing up. It was Teen Titans and the X-Men for me. 

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Probably as much as Tony Stark in MCU movies, right?

main-qimg-a166ed1797222b6ec4a38936ada404

Ha, true! You can definitely tell after the first flick RDJ flexed his celeb muscle and said "Ok, I'm not wearing any of that junk anymore, you can CGI my face in." Hell, he barely even went that far with Iron Man 3, where he mostly ran around in a hoody while wearing an Iron glove.

My favorite excerpt from a review from a friend of mine:

"It's a mess, the 3rd act looking like a SyFy channel straight to video exploitation film done in Romania. The only saving grace being the bits where the characters actually talk to each other, but otherwise a mess."

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

My favorite excerpt from a review from a friend of mine:

"It's a mess, the 3rd act looking like a SyFy channel straight to video exploitation film done in Romania. The only saving grace being the bits where the characters actually talk to each other, but otherwise a mess."

They must have gone to the same theater.

DacLofH.png

:baiting:

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

They must have gone to the same theater.

DacLofH.png

:baiting:

lol

I didn't realize this is the Mashable guy that predicted due to the embargo this was going to be a wreck. So he needed that to come true.

The first big negative reaction also comes from Mashable. The question now is: which way will fans lean?