• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mighty World of Marvel.
3 3

189 posts in this topic

I have a lot of British stuff from when I was a kid but I read them to death, so seeing your books is an awesome treat, most of my stuff is buried way back in one of my rooms, haven't seen any of them in years.

I don't actively collect British, but as with everything, I cant part with it, so it stays :)

I do have an old pic of Avengers to contribute if that helps.

I took that years ago for Andrews old site, miss that place :(

Will see if I can dig out a few more at some point

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bbd3de54d0b4409bd9eebb4368979dff.png

On 9/15/2018 at 2:53 AM, boomtown said:

Love the Marvel UK reprints, although sometimes they really hack up the stories to fit the page counts needed. I recently ran across some of the Planet of the Apes UK issues where they went just a little bit further. The UK title had used up all the material Marvel had printed and needed fresh ape material, Rather than create new stories or wait for Marvel to create them, they decided to take the Killraven story line and to redraw the Martians as apes. Killraven was renamed the Ape Slayer.

pota.thumb.jpg.b69564dacb375201ba4b77f5db0516ec.jpgpota2.thumb.jpg.5b2e5e26dee91fa9c988cefb00bc4824.jpgpota3.thumb.jpg.e4324239d317d954486710a3bfabdde9.jpg

I never knew that. It is weird.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:19 AM, Kevin.J said:

I have a lot of British stuff from when I was a kid but I read them to death, so seeing your books is an awesome treat, most of my stuff is buried way back in one of my rooms, haven't seen any of them in years.

I don't actively collect British, but as with everything, I cant part with it, so it stays :)

I do have an old pic of Avengers to contribute if that helps.

I took that years ago for Andrews old site, miss that place :(

Will see if I can dig out a few more at some point

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.bbd3de54d0b4409bd9eebb4368979dff.png

Did you have the transfers, Kev?

On 9/14/2018 at 9:53 PM, boomtown said:

Love the Marvel UK reprints, although sometimes they really hack up the stories to fit the page counts needed. I recently ran across some of the Planet of the Apes UK issues where they went just a little bit further. The UK title had used up all the material Marvel had printed and needed fresh ape material, Rather than create new stories or wait for Marvel to create them, they decided to take the Killraven story line and to redraw the Martians as apes. Killraven was renamed the Ape Slayer.

lol That's hilarious

On 9/16/2018 at 6:28 PM, batmiesta said:

Is it only me and KA looking at this thread or what?

:hi:I'm here too(Hi Kev! as well).Here's a book I have in my imgur account right now.Kev,I still have the Hulk and Thor issues from you, and @Comicopolis the Captain Britain and Spiderman Weeklies from you as well-but I'm terribly unorganized and worse at getting pics up.

1N603Ow.jpg

On 9/25/2018 at 3:53 PM, porcupine48 said:

:hi:I'm here too(Hi Kev! as well).Here's a book I have in my imgur account right now.Kev,I still have the Hulk and Thor issues from you, and @Comicopolis the Captain Britain and Spiderman Weeklies from you as well-but I'm terribly unorganized and worse at getting pics up.

1N603Ow.jpg

Quick question for the UK collectors.

I recently purchased a complete run of the Terrific and Fantastic series from the UK. I was putting together a set slowly and decided to bite the bullet on the full sets to save on all the shipping costs that would have added up over many multiple purchases. I specifically asked about the rusty staples problem and the seller said that "some" do have rusty staples and that it was a common problem because of the staples used. Get the books and "all" have rusty staples.

Is it really, really difficult to find these books with clean staples? Is it just something you have to deal with when putting this set together?

12 hours ago, boomtown said:

Quick question for the UK collectors.

I recently purchased a complete run of the Terrific and Fantastic series from the UK. I was putting together a set slowly and decided to bite the bullet on the full sets to save on all the shipping costs that would have added up over many multiple purchases. I specifically asked about the rusty staples problem and the seller said that "some" do have rusty staples and that it was a common problem because of the staples used. Get the books and "all" have rusty staples.

Is it really, really difficult to find these books with clean staples? Is it just something you have to deal with when putting this set together?

I can't comment about all of them because I only have a few issues but I can say that all of the issues I do have have rusty staples. I have a very nice Pow #1 which has rusty staples and even the otherwise near mint "spider-matic" gun has a rusty pin. It must be our UK climate.

img023.jpg