Mighty World of Marvel.
2 2

170 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, letsgrumble said:

I don't have that one! 

But I have only been looking at issues 1-39 from the first series. I used to have some of these issues in bound remaindered volumes that made their way to Canada in the late 1970s/early 1980s. That was my first exposure to Captain Britain and Marvel UK reprint titles. I noticed that you had some for sale not too long ago. Man, I wished I had kept them. As a kid, I would remove the individual comics from the glue binding.

When I was doing some research on those bound volumes I came across one in a past auction (can't remember the auction house name) and it was the same one I had with Captain Britain 1 and 2 with the free gifts present and it looked in beautiful condition, I would have had a go at it if I had known.

On 2/15/2022 at 6:19 PM, batmiesta said:

When I was doing some research on those bound volumes I came across one in a past auction (can't remember the auction house name) and it was the same one I had with Captain Britain 1 and 2 with the free gifts present and it looked in beautiful condition, I would have had a go at it if I had known.

When I saw your recent sales listing that included the bound volumes, that was the first time I had seen them in decades.

On 3/13/2022 at 7:41 AM, batmiesta said:

Never really collected it? Wouldn't like to see them if you had? :eek: Or should that be love to see them if you had?hm

I collected them as a kid, but once I found the originals, that was all I wanted, the only title I collected was Spider-Man as that was my favorite but as I got an original it replaced the British reprint in my collection and I wallpapered my first comic room walls and ceiling with the covers of the British Spiderman comics, I wish I still had a photo of that room, it was quite striking, or so I thought at the time, probably my most expensive wallpaper too :cry:

Back in the day, I bought out of newspaper ads and sometimes a sale was all or nothing, so acquired lots as most kids had a mixture of British and US