• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which category....

11 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of 15 cent cover price marvels and DCs I've been listing as auction and store items on ebay.

I know they're technically bronze age, but is listing them in silver age going to result in fewer potential purchasers seeing them? I always felt like the SA category has more action than BA given that so few BA books are worth listing individually on ebay unless in ultra HG (and a SA collector isn't going to get particularly annoyed browsing through some 15 cent cover price listings)

I also have some 12 centers up.

As a buyer, I almost never rely upon the Silver/Bronze categories to search by. I still try to browse through Golden Age daily just to see what's there-- Silver and Bronze are way too big for that, and I already own the majority of books I'd ever want to buy from those eras. Likewise, for saved searches, I specify the exact issue numbers in my want lists. It gets me a lot of false hits of Modern re-boot issue numbers, so I try to creatively use key words that filter out the Modern versions.

Bottom line, I doubt you'd be missing many potential buyers, no matter where you list them. I'd keep the 1970-onward books in Bronze just because that's the way eBay chooses to define that category.

i browse both Silver and Bronze in equal amounts, depending on my mood. i don't have a "want list" per se, which i recognise places me in the minority here. rather, i enjoy browsing - window shopping, whatever - and like the differentiations feeBay uses

I ask because I often look at silver age "auctions ending soonest" to see what's ending in the next couple of hours that might be worth a snipe. I don't necessarily chase specific issues only. I don't bother as much with BA "ending soonest" because so few books are worth paying the shipping on. The ones that are worth it, I search for individually.

OK - I believe ebay lets you list in two categories? Why not BA and SA? Yes technically they are BA but that 15 cent cover would justify listings in both. ???

Yes, and you maximize your traffic for about 30 cents more. If the book is a $3 to $5 book, it's worth it. If it's a $1 book, don't bother.

Which brings up a point, if you had a stack of low grade readers, would you sell them individually or just lump them together in one lot? I'd think the lot would be more cost-efficient from the selling standpoint. Not to hijack the thread, just stream of consciousness.....

I list them in lots.

Who is going to want to pay for a single reader. The shipping costs alone are more than the book is worth.

I find a lot size between 10-20 books works well for me.

Then again, they tent to be decent grade coppers too.

yeah, i might list in multiple categories for a big book, but not a $5 copy.

i hope that i can cut shipping out of the cost/equation by getting people to buy multiple items between my store/auctions and offering a flat (low) fee or free with a certain $ of purchases. it often works for me and gets me to buy some more books from a seller.

at some point my store will be stocked well enough to make this viable.