• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Westworld 2016
2 2

527 posts in this topic

HBO.

Jonathan Nolan.

I'm probably the only one who cares.

http://www.hbo.com/westworld/about/video/westworld-tease

I care. Looks cool and HBO has a good track record. I loved the Westworld Famous Monsters issue! Gogos cover I think.

I care as well!One of my Papas and myselves fave movies,we would watch it together about once a year.I actually just picked up the soundtrack lp at a used record store last week because it reminded me so much about my Dad!Thanks!

One of my favorite movie scenes!

HBO Halts ’Westworld’ Production, Still Hopeful for 2016 Debut

HBO has had a rough go of things lately with some of their most ambitious projects. In August, the premium network finally called it quits on David Fincher’s Utopia series, and recently Casey Affleck told us that the Lewis and Clark miniseries had not only halted production, but creative differences and other setbacks caused them to start the writing process all over again.

Hopefully it won’t come to that with Westworld, but Variety is reporting that the project is closing down for two months so that executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy can catch up on the final four scripts. (I know not every creative team finishes their scripts before a series or even a movie starts filming, but in general, I think it’s bad practice for exactly this reason. Also, it’s kind of important to have an ending). Though the production was planned to wrap in November, it won’t start shooting again until March. However, so far HBO is still hanging on to its 2016 premiere date (keep in mind it also was really certain the series would premiere in 2015).

Comments that J.J. Abrams made to me and a few other journalists at the TCA press tour last week about the series being “worth the wait” also now seem to carry an ill portend of its timeline. (Abrams also serves as an executive producer on the project) We might be waiting awhile.

I'd rather they take their time then add yet one more poorly delivered show.

:wishluck:

Production resumes on HBO's Westworld series; Lili Simmons joins the cast

Deadline now reports that production on Westworld has finally resumed and that they've also welcomed a new cast member. Lili Simmons (Banshee) has joined the cast of Westworld as Abigal, a woman who "works in the park and uses her good looks and charm to lure Westworld guests into the saloon." Simmons isn't a stranger to the wild west as she appeared in the recent BONE TOMAHAWK alongside Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson, and Richard Jenkins. There's still no official word on when Westworld will debut but signs seem to point to the show premiering later this year.

lili-simmons-westworld.jpg

J.J. Abrams opens up about what's taking so long with HBO's Westworld

Producer J.J. Abrams (Lost, Star Wars: The Force Awakens) told Fortune the nuance in the story proved a bit harder to truly nail down, so they decided to essentially take as long as needed — arbitrary premiere dates be darned — to truly get it right. So, though the knee-jerk reaction is to assume something is “wrong” with the show (and that could certainly be the case, of course), it sounds like they’re instead just slowing things down.

Here’s an excerpt from Abrams’ comments:

“Westworld is one of those things I’ve wanted to work on for so long. I had a meeting probably 21 years ago with Michael Crichton [who wrote and directed the 1973 original film] about doing this. And it’s taken along time to get this going. At the heart of Westworld is this story of consciousness and oppression and discover. It’s one of the projects I feel most grateful and lucky to be a part of. What [the directorial team has] done is so stunning and cool and they’re not rushing it because of business maters and the network is giving them the time. That is never a bad move.”