• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,647 posts in this topic

On 11/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, Nexus said:

New podcast episode will be dropping soon, but in the meantime, I've started a new series on my YouTube channel: UNBOXING / ART SHOW.

Each episode, I open up packages that I've gotten in the mail from the artists. So the audience gets to see it all for the first time, alongside me. This is a livestream, and viewers can participate in the chat. It's been a lot of fun.

We also do a segment where I, or a guest, show off art from our collection that has not been shared before. So a peek at pieces that haven't been on CAF and would not have been seen otherwise.

Check it out on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/FelixComicArt/videos

We have some other plans with collectors in sharing their art on the show in the coming months. There's a ton of stuff that most art fans haven't seen before. Stay tuned!

And there's usually prizes on the Youtube streams!  Everyone loves free stuff, right? =)

Great podcast Felix.. nice to hear from the regulars again and Yo - a good addition, but Lambert will need to teach him how to bust Andy's chops a bit ; )  The discussion of the younger collectors' focus was interesting, they are definitively doing their own thing with a thought process completely different from the old guard. The more the merrier! Thanks for doing these Felix!

You can go to 17m15s in the podcast.  I think the description was "collector / pseudo dealer who was at the show". 

You should listen to the entire podcast.  You'll learn the fate of the Miracleman 1 cover recreation seen at the convention.

Edited by Will_K

On 12/2/2021 at 5:40 PM, Will_K said:

You can go to 17m15s in the podcast.  I think the description was "collector / pseudo dealer who was at the show". 

That could describe a lot of people. 

Edited by artdealer

On 2/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, Nexus said:

Two weeks on, and the record sale at auction is still what everyone's talking about. So The Felix Comic Art Podcast returns with Chuck Costas, THE hobby expert on SECRET WARS and G.I. JOE. And also personal friend of artist Mike Zeck. Chuck shares his insights on what went down exclusively here. Thanks Chuck!

Part two is an episode of The Hyper Room, hosted by tech guru Casey Lau. Casey grills me on the hobby, the market, collecting, and all things original comic art. Thanks to Casey for allowing us to share it with our audience here.

An extra-long 2.5 hour episode this time out, enjoy!:

The Felix Comic Art Podcast (Episode 49): More G.I. JOE, SECRET WARS, and MIKE ZECK / Casey Lau

And if you want to talk about any of it...join us for our latest chat TODAY at 1PM PST/4PM EST!:

Felix Comic Art Chat (2/1/2022)

Who knows, we may have a special guest? Or two? See you soon!

Felix

Great stuff! Thank you, Felix. I wonder how strong that ripple effect will be? I’m not selling any more SW pages, but I am curious. Man, this market is like a conundrum wrapped in a riddle. :shy: