• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New podcast/video from Felix Comic Art (UPDATED 1/3/17!)
6 6

1,647 posts in this topic

Interesting to me that some (many?) of you hit the YouTube videos first. I prefer to enjoy my dinner, the audio interviews, before dessert. The delayed gratification makes the show 'n tell that much more fun. And the audio interview lend context too!

You say potato...

I actually like seeing the pieces talked about in the podcast, as i have some insight during the convo that I wouldn't have if I was in the dark about the work they are speaking of. Works both ways.

Though truth be told, mostly it's a matter of what am I doing, and what do I have time to squeeze in at that moment? :)

Thanks as always, guys!

The podcasts are proving to be more popular than the videos, which surprised me. Personally, I watch YouTube videos all the time and rarely listen to podcasts. But glad people are enjoying them. Fingers crossed, the next few will work out scheduling-wise...

Thanks as always, guys!

The podcasts are proving to be more popular than the videos, which surprised me. Personally, I watch YouTube videos all the time and rarely listen to podcasts. But glad people are enjoying them. Fingers crossed, the next few will work out scheduling-wise...

I can't watch a 15 minute video while at work. Requires too much attention.

A one hour podcast I can have in the background while I work.

Another great episode, thanks Felix!

I can't believe that Sanjulian Big Wow was ten years ago!? Good god. I remember someone from our group got a sick Sanjulian Vampirella commission that day (don't remember who). I also believe that was the show with the V for Vendetta masks. Your buddy had a couple and you asked him to give me one lol. Still have it on the wall. Thanks for that, and thank your buddy again too please.

Another great episode, thanks Felix!

I can't believe that Sanjulian Big Wow was ten years ago!? Good god. I remember someone from our group got a sick Sanjulian Vampirella commission that day (don't remember who). I also believe that was the show with the V for Vendetta masks. Your buddy had a couple and you asked him to give me one lol. Still have it on the wall. Thanks for that, and thank your buddy again too please.

Time flies! I think that was my cousin who had the masks. I still have mine, too!

Let me know when you're around, we should grab a coffee one of these days...

Thanks as always, guys!

I can't watch a 15 minute video while at work. Requires too much attention.

A one hour podcast I can have in the background while I work.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. For me, if I have a podcast on, it's distracting if I also have to work. So I either listen or I don't. Which is why I mostly don't!

For the videos, I try to keep them under 5 minutes, so they're not a big commitment. But still very surprised at the popularity of the podcast format. Lengthwise, an hour felt right. Should they be longer or is an hour standard length for these things?

Should they be longer or is an hour standard length for these things?

I think they should go for as long as there are new things to talk about or dig deeper into. But I have lots of free time to listen, that's not everybody's situation!

I really enjoy the podcast. It is officially my favorite. Each one so far has shown a different prospective. Any length is fine, as long as it is not forced to be longer than it should. I also like it being once a month.

I am big fan of the podcast format. I can listen while driving.

Thanks for making them.

another insightful podcast. Nick did a great job as interviewer.

I remember tracking a Manhattan Projects page on ebay a few years ago and forgetting to bid on it before it ended... I wonder if that was the same page you won ( hm hey! another scenario for the collusion thread!).

Over 300 pieces were made available yesterday, and less than 24 hours later, we're almost sold out!

It's been a total madhouse. Steve is thrilled! Thanks to everyone who participated!

Many thanks to anime/manga expert Deb Aoki for this interview:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-03-17/akira-in-color-with-steve-oliff/.99830

I really enjoyed the podcast as well. Not sure if it is just my issue or others experience it though, but the audio does seem low a lot of the time -- I have to have my car stereo up near max for a most of the podcasts, bluetoothing from my phone

I really enjoyed the podcast as well. Not sure if it is just my issue or others experience it though, but the audio does seem low a lot of the time -- I have to have my car stereo up near max for a most of the podcasts, bluetoothing from my phone

I've found the quality and volume over bluetooth to be much lower than when connected via a cable. I usually listen to the podcasts using headphones and the volume has always been fine for me. Thanks for the the podcasts Felix!

Yes, that has been my one issue as well with all of these podcasts. I listen to a number of podcasts while driving and this is the only one I need have the volume full blast in order to hear everything clearly. Other than that, they have been very enjojable.