• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Store from start to finish
1 1

132 posts in this topic

haven't had an update in a while.

had sort of a soft opening.

haven't gotten any new stuff from diamond yet. just got my account last week actually.

The purpose of opening a store front was for buying collections mainly and I bought my first collection last week.

33 long boxes of stuff.

looked through 5 long boxes and did not see anything worth much before making an offer of $350 but closed the deal at $420.

included 2 small boxes of toys.

the next day I went through the boxes and pulled out 4 long boxes of better stuff.

out of the 4 long boxes of stuff I pulled out half a short box of the best stuff.

NM 98, Preacher 1, TOS 57, Brave and the bold 29, alias 1, NM 87, and other keys that I can't really remember right now. Was a nice buy.

bought some transformers the day after.

just really tired. been here everyday for weeks but its really fun.

That's a great deal; must be the "store effect"?

People around here want $100 per longbox and it is definitely all junk.

He was a collector. Don't think he really kept up on values.

Been too busy to post.

Store, kid turned 13 months last month.

Buying lots of stuff.

Saw a collection last week of 98 long boxes.

One box had 4 copies of asm 300.

almost every box had a book like that.

Bought a longbox of stuff last week for $60. Had a nice asm 298,299, and 300 and hulk 340.

Doing magic the gathering. Never played until the store opened. Now im getting addicted to it.

Too busy. To respond to messages as well.

Been too busy to post.

Buying lots of stuff.

Bought a longbox of stuff last week for $60. Had a nice asm 298,299, and 300 and hulk 340.

Doing magic the gathering. Never played until the store opened. Now im getting addicted to it.

If you let it, M:tG will consume your life (and wallet).

Glad the store is working out and it's bringing in the collections just like you wanted. :thumbsup:

Doing WW Chicago this year?

Been too busy to post.

Buying lots of stuff.

Glad the store is working out and it's bringing in the collections just like you wanted. :thumbsup:

Yeah. Mtg is fun. Ive had people drop off mtg collections. Not buying them, they just drop them off. Have like 10,000 mtg cards.

Not doing any shows this year i dont think. Wanted to go to baltimore for retailer summit but probably not.

Been too busy to post.

Buying lots of stuff.

Yeah. Mtg is fun. Ive had people drop off mtg collections. Not buying them, they just drop them off. Have like 10,000 mtg cards.

Not doing any shows this year i dont think. Wanted to go to baltimore for retailer summit but probably not.

Keep an eye on the Magic Cards as prices fluctuate like mad. I am still buying and selling them as there is good money in it, but always have to see how much things are going for that day. One time had a card jump from 50 cents to $35 over night.

Been too busy to post.

Buying lots of stuff.

Keep an eye on the Magic Cards as prices fluctuate like mad. I am still buying and selling them as there is good money in it, but always have to see how much things are going for that day. One time had a card jump from 50 cents to $35 over night.

yeah. i have a magic guy that takes care of magic for me. i wish i could trade comics for mtg cards but none of the mtg players at my store like comics.

yeah. i have a magic guy that takes care of magic for me. i wish i could trade comics for mtg cards but none of the mtg players at my store like comics.

What helped me jump in our mtg inventory is by putting an ad on Craigslist that I buy monster boxes for $30 and pay 10 cents each for bulk rares. These are rares that only have a 50 cent, or more, value, but people will still buy them. With there being so many formats in Magic people who normally play one format will usually sell the cards they have of the other formats that they are not using. I bought a lot of cards off of some standard players who tried to get into Legacy, but didn't like is and they saw my ad for buying monster boxes and sold them to me. Got some pretty good cards. I have had gaming store selling me bulk rares and bulk cards.

We have compiled so many cards over the past year that my son is till going through them and we have a box that hold around 3,000 cards for 50 cents a card, that we have at sales, and do very well with it.

Remember, there are rare and valuable cards and there are support cards. A lot of money can be made selling the support cards.

With all of the extra cards I make starter decks that are a lot better than the ones that Wizards sells and have sold quite a few of them at $5 each. They mostly contain commons and uncommons. I'm a good deck builder.

Your store looks really nice. Do you have open free play? Also, there are times you can run into D&D players looking for space.

we do have free play, we don't charge if you play in our store if thats what you mean. anytime anyone wants to play, i let them.

we already have a D&D group that comes in every other sunday. 7 people so far.

its nice to have that many people in the store but D&D people dont spend money.

at least my D&D people don't.

all good though/

Honestly, buy a few containers of candy and snacks, they'll buy...

already have them, they don't buy.

they bring their own snacks

get a cute girl (but not too cute, don't want to scare them) at the cashier. It will improve your candy sales and the general hygiene of the D&D crowd...

Dunno about the hygiene but yeah, a available girl is always a bonus.

What kind are they bringing in? See what their tastes are and try to one up it.

Personally I'd get a liquor license and be drunk in my store all the time, but that's just me lol

1 1