• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Store from start to finish
1 1

132 posts in this topic

Honestly, buy a few containers of candy and snacks, they'll buy...

already have them, they don't buy.

they bring their own snacks

get a cute girl (but not too cute, don't want to scare them) at the cashier. It will improve your candy sales and the general hygiene of the D&D crowd...

can i conduct the interviews for this position? :hi:

Leaving Chi-Town? :sorry:

Edited by JollyComics

:hi:

Any new updates on the store and how it has been going over the last few months?

I'd love to see some pictures of your setup if you have the time. (I've checked out your facebook page, but not many photos there).

I hope it's going well.

Any new updates. I may be getting a large inheritance (not sure yet how much it is) next year so it would be nice to hear if this is working out for you. Not sure if I could handle it but it has always been a dream (haven't we all had that dream?).

Edited by 1Cool

Tell the Magic guys no outside snacks. That seems pretty uncool to me to bring stuff in and use your space (and probably fill your garbage with their wrappers??), unless they're someone who buys a bunch of cards from you, then they get different rules I suppose. There's a place near me that has a back room for that and they definitely expect the kids to get their snacks from them.

Charge a fair price for what you have available. $1 for a candy bar, $1 for a soda, etc.. you should be making a 100%++ mark-up easily on that buying wholesale, no? It really shouldn't be an issue. I don't know how much profit that generates, but $20 a day is $600 a month in your pocket. maybe that's overly optimistic.

Yes, from the start it seemed like working 12 hour days seven days a week does not give you much time with your son, at least not when he's awake. i guess you can sleep in his room with him at night. true, better than being on the road all the time i guess.

Do you find yourself dabbling in selling stuff on line? Seems like there is probably some dead time during the day when you could be listing. Got to keep all the revenue streams alive.

Seems tough as you have a professional looking space that presumably rents for a decent amount. you have to bust your hump to make rent. But if you build a good client base...

(On an unrelated note, my wife recently asked if I'd be willing to move to Atlanta. She may have a gig at the CDC...)

Edited by the blob

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/4583-my-store-from-start-to-finish/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png

1 1