• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have to pay for a SCAN?

21 posts in this topic

I asked the seller for a better image.

He said "I do not send out any scans or pictures anymore, as per notations on my ads. Sorry Thanks for asking though. Regards, Jim"

All sales final, he can't grade real well and and buyers have to pay for a "real" image? I think I will start charging for images, what a great money maker!

Make sure you avoid this guys auctions, unless you can handle "his" terms!

NUT

He's likely to sell alot of comics this way...a true entrepreneur... insane.giffrustrated.gif

Jim

Here is my exact email to him after he told me about the image fee:

"I would have to pay you for a real picture of the book? Wow, that's an

original idea.

I have bought and sold over 2000 comics on ebay. I have never seen a seller

ask for money to help them sell a book. I have seen it all now. Amazing. I

thought it was a typo?

Add in the "all sales final" and you have a great auction up and running.

Please add me to your blocked bidders list. I would hate to think I bid on

one of your books after this email.

The name is : nochips"

Here is his reply:

"Your smart remarks can stay with yourself. I dont want any part of your

comments. If you continue, ill email them to ebay and let them decide if

they are ignorant or harassing or not. Thank you"

Can some of you folks ask him for a scan? Please? Iwant to see what he says to you? Maybe he will be nicer?

If you do not hear from me again, please do not fear. This guy probably got me kicked off ebay for telling him he's a worm.

I love the internet.

He's like the Mini-Me version of Metropolis. 27_laughing.gif

I may not agree with the Metroplis "no scan" policy, but I understand it. They sell thousands of books and it would get crazy to scan every book. You need to set a scan price point ($500.00) is theres. They also have a no hassle return policy to go along with it. I like Metropolis and buy form them when I can.

This guy is no scans and no returns, a recipe for disaster. You buy it you own it!

You can look at the scan and decide for yourself.

27_laughing.gif

How is anyone supposed to decide on a scan that is shrunk 80% from original size? screwy.gif You can barely read the issue number, let alone see any possible flaws. 893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif