• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tribute To Creig Flessel
4 4

429 posts in this topic

Thanks FFB. This next cover is one that CentaurMan has posted before, but it is such a classic-style Detective cover that it deserves another view. Here is my copy of Detective 9:

752321-Detective9%282%29.jpg

For Golden Age trivia buffs, it should be noted that this cover was redrawn for Federal Men 2, an obscure 1945 book published by Gerard Publishing Co., that consisted of reprints of Siegel and Shuster's Federal Men stories.

I recently picked up a copy of that book:

936390-Federalmen.jpg

Well, my boy Flessel got shut out of the top 10 in each of the polls. But that won't stop me from keeping his tribute alive. Here's Detective #16:

Fantastic cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I was shocked that Flessel didn`t do better in the NSH covers. I figured some of his pre-superhero Detectives were mortal locks.

bumpit.gif

Well, my boy Flessel got shut out of the top 10 in each of the polls. But that won't stop me from keeping his tribute alive. Here's Detective #16:

1222773-Detective16%28MH%29%282%29.jpg

Stunning!!!! I doubt it looked much different than when it was on the newstand.

Mile High?

I think part of the reason for folks not picking more Flessels is their scarcity. I haven't seen very many, and even fewer of them have looked like the Tec 16 above.

bumpit.gif

1222773-Detective16%28MH%29%282%29.jpg

Wow! That is a gorgeous copy. And a great cover too.

I'm still waiting for Jon Berk and others to post some of their Flessels. In the meantime, here is Detective 15 (Church copy):

755852-Detective15%28MH%29%282%29.JPG

Its all about Detective 1, 12 and 15 cloud9.gif