• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TORONTO COMICON March 18-20, 2016 presented by Fan Expo Canada

121 posts in this topic

How much is Liefeld charging for non cgc books? Someone mentioned $80 for his sig?

$20, more if it features deadpool or cable

$80 for new mutants 98

Thanks! I saw his prices and the line and said screw it. Spent most of my time talking to Shooter and Beatty. Hopefully for FanExpo they fix the jams in the narrow aisles, spent too much time waiting for people to move out of the way and if the crowd of people gawking was too large avoided the area/aisle altogether. I assume I am not the only one, which hurts business for the retailers. Wider aisles would be great.

$80 for a sig? That seems like a lot of money.

This is for to sign a NM 98 only? That is what I am getting what I am reading off the other posts. If that is the case ... screw it, I don't need blow $80 for one signature. I can see going for $20 ... 30, even 40 (which is stretching a tad far). But for 80?

No :sumo:

$80 for a sig? That seems like a lot of money.

This is for to sign a NM 98 only? That is what I am getting what I am reading off the other posts. If that is the case ... screw it, I don't need blow $80 for one signature. I can see going for $20 ... 30, even 40 (which is stretching a tad far). But for 80?

No :sumo:

I had a $1 reprint of NM98, that I thought about getting signed, but wasn't worth paying the $80 sig, also had a NM87 2nd print, again not worth paying $80. His cheapest sig price was $20, but ranged from $20-$80. Not sure how that compares to what he charges at the American Cons. I was there for only 1 hour, met the secret wars team and left. Beatty and Zeck charged $5 per sig and Shooter was free, again not sure how that compares to their usual rates, but I assume a discount for those visiting from the States.

Great weekend. I'm more excited about my purchases than I am about my sales (or lack there of). Here's my haul:

IMG_0050.JPG

Surprised people passed on these... and then to complain they couldn't find any deals. I don't understand buyers who hold out for $10, $20 or $50 bucks. Vendors have costs. Not going to get quality books cheap. I prefer to over pay on good books vs under pay on junk books.

How much is Liefeld charging for non cgc books? Someone mentioned $80 for his sig?

$20, more if it features deadpool or cable

$80 for new mutants 98

Thanks! I saw his prices and the line and said screw it. Spent most of my time talking to Shooter and Beatty. Hopefully for FanExpo they fix the jams in the narrow aisles, spent too much time waiting for people to move out of the way and if the crowd of people gawking was too large avoided the area/aisle altogether. I assume I am not the only one, which hurts business for the retailers. Wider aisles would be great.

A month ago at Amazing Arizona he was charging $60 for New Mutants 98, just milking for all it's worth.

Amazing show in my eyes. Friday was good, Saturday was good, but Sunday was the surprise hit for me. Managed to meet Vger7, AlexH, thirdgreenham, and iceman399 and spend a decent amount of time with the latter two, picking up books from Charlie (I hope I remembered your name properly!), Eric and Andy. I haven't bought this much since Emerald City 2011, though I didn't get much.

Got lots of sigs, and am thrilled to have spent some time talking Marvel and foreign books with Jim Shooter, who I'm hoping to stay in contact with (though given how kind he is, I'd bet I'm not the only fan he speaks to outside the cons).

My three biggest highlights are definitely meeting Alex (who is absolutely one of the nicest guys on the planet, let alone the hobby - he gifted me a stack of French Canadian Archie books because he quickly figured out what I was hunting); meeting Eric (Iceman399) who gave me a deal on a Canadian Alpha Flight #1 CGC 9.8 and then proceeded to gift me a beautiful German FF (I am not worthy (worship) ); and of course, finally meeting Stephane (Eerie Publications) and sitting down for a fantastic (and VERY eventful) dinner with him, Tim (lscomics) and Steve (steve_paulus).

Thank you to everyone for the most memorable show of my life, and I look forward to Fan Expo. :applause:

To the many boardies I didn't connect with, PLEASE let me know if you'll be at Fan Expo and we will make sure to connect at least once, if not for dinner or drinks as well come September!

Little Con report:

My first time doing this show. I didn't mind my location except for the trinket guy behind me. Numerous times we had to tell them to quit coming through the curtain (they climbed on their tables to attach posters and stuff like that to the back drop and several times almost feel through onto my wall). They constantly pushed boxes through to the other side. :frustrated: i've request to be next to Andy next year so we shall see.

I don't get the chance to wonder and look when setting up/exhibiting as the second I leave someone has a question about one of my bigger books and they either won't take my wife's word for it or she may not know. I found Friday was a slow day and had me extremely worried that the show would be a bust. Saturday exploded and at that point decided to rebook for next year. Sunday yes SUNDAY was the best day. We had constant guys at the booth digging...we had such great deals a group of guys bought over 2 longboxes from us, we even negotiated with them to have someone load them into the car for them lol

Met with several boardies which included but by no means limited to:

- Guardiancomics as always (worship)

- Chillax23 too bad it was such a quick meeting this time.

- TMNTCollector1 (my first time meeting him, brought by a book for me to look at and won't sell me his higher grade copy :frustrated: ) not hard to guess what book that might be lol

- Liaton-9000 had me in stitches if you haven't met him before probably the coolest guy ever to chat with. *side story for anyone actually reading this* I know very very little of foreign books and knows that Liam does so I found a random FF German book and knew he would appreciate it so passed it to him. He immediately hugs me and thanks me graciously....I am not a huger...I am not a toucher...handshake and were good. So my brother comes by and introduce him to Liam...now knowing that I am not a huger asks my brother (which he is very much a huger) so the two of them hugged it out lol

- LSComics he was very busy so didn't get a ton of time with but should see him at one of the upcoming shows :banana:

- Jimmy...who can miss him.

- Andy...if you haven't bought from him or met him you are seriously missing out...I've told a few guys my goal is to overtake Andy...the only way that will happen is when he hangs up the...comic boxes (shrug) .

- Old_dano I'm not sure if he scored points but he beat me to a well priced book I want and the worst part is I can't give him a hard time cause its for his wife :frustrated:

I know I've missed several others and I apologize.

Oh highlight of the con was the baby Rey, <4yr old Robin & <6 year old batgirl.

A busy and fun show for me on two levels:

As Comic Expo Coordinator, frustrated by some last minute cancellations from local creators but otherwise a good show.

The Comic Book Lounge booth did very well, I sold a lot of graphic novels and trades at US cover and cleared out a lot of Pop Vinyl stock leftover from the last few years as well as some statues, artfx+ figures and more.

Easy load in, easy load out, so as vendor I'm happy with how smooth the event is getting.

Big thanks to my section's team - looking after the comics guests and programming, and to my crew at the Lounge booth.

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you Liam. You made the day a lot of fun. I really hope you return for Fan Expo.

I had a very good time. Was only there on Saturday as this is a busy time of year for me.

Always fun to see fellow boardies, and collectors alike.

For me, it was a very good show.

I had 5 booths, which is a big expense, but that's the only way I'll have the space to unload a lot of dollar books. And boy, did they fly! I blew through thousands of them, so that was very enjoyable. :cloud9:

I sold 4 long boxes of sets and also all of the hardcover books that I brought.

I even brought WW2 Canadian helmets to the show. I sold 6 of them!!

8 x 10 photos did well for me.

Blew out of Funko Pops. I took 60 of them and brought back 7.

As always, I sold a great number of CGC graded books and many, many lesser expensive ($10-$20) "wall books".

It was nice to see CBCS there, and to meet Liam, Steve, and Tim.

It would be very nice if CGC decided to set up, but they were certainly not there.

Overall, I was very pleased with sales. The attendance at the show was terrific!

Looking forward to 2017. :whee: