• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PUNISHER on Netflix
4 4

420 posts in this topic

Maybe. TBD.

punisher1.jpg

The Punisher Series Reportedly In Development at Netflix

TVLine reports that Jon Bernthal's take on The Punisher is being so well-received by executives, a spin-off series for the character and star is now in development. The series would spin directly out of his appearances in Daredevil, and be another Marvel TV/Netflix collaboration. The site did not divulge a source, and neither Marvel nor Netflix have commented or confirmed the reports.

Bernthal has received high praise from producers, writers, fellow actors, and executives alike for his portrayal of the gun-toting vigilante who thinks the only way to combat the criminal element is with lethal force.

"[Jon Bernthal's] Punisher is extraordinarily memorable, in every way," Marvel TV Executive Vice President Jeph Loeb told ComicBook.com earlier this week.

:o

:wishluck::wishluck:

If Adam Sandler is a ratings goldmine on Netflix... anything can be a ratings goldmine.

hm

Greggy is packing bags and heading to Hollywood

Reader's choice....

Thomas Jane wanted to play the role again, though at times he appeared hesitant. If anything, this was a nice sendoff before handing off the role.

I am sure he will be done right with Jon Bernthal's capable acting skills.

Likely won't be announced until Marvel/Netflix re-up their deal. Remember, it's not an open ended deal. It's 60-episodes of content. They elected to break that up into 13x4 (DD, JJ, LC & IF) plus 8 for defenders

TV/netflix is a wonderful place for MARVEL to put its single setting, inexpensive powers (meaning the powers of this group don't really cost a lot to show on screen). Disney has a nice overall deal with Netflix kicking in, and Netflix is an aggressive buyer so I suspect this will continue.

I will be interested how long the TV will remain under Perlmutter, though, admittedly making things at the lowest budget is his thing, so it might be a good fit, and I don't think there's much to complain about thus far.

TV/netflix is a wonderful place for MARVEL to put its single setting, inexpensive powers (meaning the powers of this group don't really cost a lot to show on screen). Disney has a nice overall deal with Netflix kicking in, and Netflix is an aggressive buyer so I suspect this will continue.

I will be interested how long the TV will remain under Perlmutter, though, admittedly making things at the lowest budget is his thing, so it might be a good fit, and I don't think there's much to complain about thus far.

That's a good point. As long as he can produce entertaining shows at a lower cost, then Ike Perlmutter won't have anything to sweat over. Let there be a demand for larger set pieces and battles...especially when they come together as The Defenders...

Likely won't be announced until Marvel/Netflix re-up their deal. Remember, it's not an open ended deal. It's 60-episodes of content. They elected to break that up into 13x4 (DD, JJ, LC & IF) plus 8 for defenders

If it's only 60-episodes of content where does Daredevil Season 2 fit in?

Marvel & Netflix Confirm Deal For 4 TV Shows & ‘Defenders’ Miniseries

The original deal Marvel offered to a few network - and which Netflix jumped on - was four TV shows, with up to 60 episodes total. They added a made-for-streaming movie, which would be the Defenders.

It would appear from the Daredevil results Netflix and Disney/Marvel made the jump to expand the scope from the original deal.

Marvel & Netflix Confirm Deal For 4 TV Shows & Defenders Miniseries

The original deal Marvel offered to a few network - and which Netflix jumped on - was four TV shows, with up to 60 episodes total. They added a made-for-streaming movie, which would be the Defenders.

It would appear from the Daredevil results Netflix and Disney/Marvel made the jump to expand the scope from the original deal.

Yeah. It's unknown how the 2nd season of Daredevil (or the announced 2nd season of Jessica Jones) fits into this contract. They may have expanded it. They may be working on a separate contracts for the additional "seasons" of these shows. Or they may have just worked out a "per hour" rate for however many episodes Marvel delivers for Netflix beyond those initial 60. We don't know & can only speculate.

However, I think it's safe to assume that prior to new series being officially added, the existing contract is somehow re-worked or extended or something. It may not even happen until after Luke Cage comes out in order to see if Marvel keeps their batting average at 1.000 (at least, as far as Netflix defines it) after 3 series. I don't know. But I can speculate that they'll avoid adding additional series beyond the 4 or 5 (if you count the combo-Defenders as a separate series or not) that were initially planned until they figure out a new contract approach. But that's just a guess.