• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Y THE LAST MAN on FX (TBD)
2 2

113 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2021 at 8:50 PM, Artboy99 said:

The "man hating" is a bit much, and I dont remember them from the books.

?

Maybe not those characters, but the "man hating" is absolutely there in the books - the whole arc with the Daughters of the Amazon, which also leads to his sister's rebellion and her reconciliation w/ Yorick.

On 10/19/2021 at 4:45 AM, Gatsby77 said:

?

Maybe not those characters, but the "man hating" is absolutely there in the books - the whole arc with the Daughters of the Amazon, which also leads to his sister's rebellion and her reconciliation w/ Yorick.

thanks, I just do not remember it but I am sure it is because I read the books over 10 years ago.

Turns out the cancellation may have to do with funding. Not audience reaction.

In a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, it's been revealed that the decision to cancel Y: The Last Man stemmed from a financial position rather than a ratings one, with the frequent creative and pandemic delays pushing the studio to extend the cast's contracts for season 1 and increasing each episode's budget to $8.5 million. The cast options were once again about to expire and, despite receiving a pitch from Clark for season 2 plans, FX elected to pass on paying another $3 million to keep the cast in limbo for a potential second chapter. Sources also confirmed that the decision was not based on viewership figures as the numbers that come from streamers is not the same as those from typical broadcasting platforms.

Though the news that Y: The Last Man would not be returning for season 2 may have disappointed many, the new report does actually hold some hope for fans of the series. Despite cancelling the show, sources report that FX Productions, who still own the rights to it, are very supportive of the producers' efforts to get it picked up elsewhere, a first for the creator-driven network. Producers are reportedly eyeing HBO Max as the new home for Y: The Last Man given the source material was published by Vertigo, the now-defunct label owned by WarnerMedia's DC Comics.

My wife tried watching it.

'After all the times you raved about the comic, it was like you telling me we were going to our favourite restaurant and ending up at Taco Bell'

She ain't wrong.

Cancelled due to $$ my backside - it was an absolute turdburger with appalling ratings that bored everyone to death.

Hopefully, one day, someone will have the cahones to tell the original story.

Capture.thumb.JPG.70797d9fd6bcd7efbaa906cb5a92e48d.JPG

On 11/3/2021 at 11:47 PM, Beige said:

My wife tried watching it.

'After all the times you raved about the comic, it was like you telling me we were going to our favourite restaurant and ending up at Taco Bell'

She ain't wrong.

Cancelled due to $$ my backside - it was an absolute turdburger with appalling ratings that bored everyone to death.

Hopefully, one day, someone will have the cahones to tell the original story.

Capture.thumb.JPG.70797d9fd6bcd7efbaa906cb5a92e48d.JPG

I've not seen that quick of a collapse since Preacher 1.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:03 AM, Bosco685 said:

AMC's Preacher was four (4) seasons

preacher.PNG.47545861fbf6d8a66776de67d14a94a5.PNG

And #1 never came close to the price jump we saw prior to the show.  #1 in CGC 9.8 was a $2,000 book for a short time period and then it dropped to $600 quickly after the show came out - pretty much what we are seeing for Y: last Man #1.

Edited by 1Cool

On 11/4/2021 at 8:04 AM, 1Cool said:

And #1 never came close to the price jump we saw prior to the show.  #1 in CGC 9.8 was a $2,000 book for a short time period and then it dropped to $600 quickly after the show came out - pretty much what we are seeing for Y: last Man #1.

Oh, you both were fixated on how much the books can make. Gotcha!

On 11/4/2021 at 11:19 PM, Bosco685 said:

Oh, you both were fixated on how much the books can make. Gotcha!

If you have a book before the show, then you have an interest.

I had one.

I still do.

Do I regret selling? No.

The book is still great

It's entirely possible to have the book AND watch the show.

2c

On 11/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, Beige said:

If you have a book before the show, then you have an interest.

I had one.

I still do.

Do I regret selling? No.

The book is still great

It's entirely possible to have the book AND watch the show.

2c

It's entirely possible to not own the book and have an interest in the show too.

:preach:

bananas.gif.9dee233f581d3d266571d00e1e8c0a96.gif

On 11/4/2021 at 2:00 AM, 1Cool said:

I've not seen that quick of a collapse since Preacher 1.

Perhaps I'm in the miniority, but I liked Preacher and looked forward to it every week. I almost dreaded watching Y and basically just felt obligated to watch it to see if it would improve. I finally gave up two episodes before the end. I really could care less about every character except the agent, and man, was it boring.