• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show Feb. 28, 2016 Vancouver, BC, Canada

60 posts in this topic

Thanks for doing the basic Linked In and Facebook research on Brasco. Any relation to forumite Bronty, as they have similar surnames?

Brasco may have a hard time getting cosplayers and toy vendors to join his Vanc Expo, as it falls on the exact same 3 days in Aug, 2016, as the large and established :o Anime Revolution con in downtown Vancouver at another venue:

http://www.animerevolution.ca/

Uh, that link only shows info from last year's show. I didn't see dates for 2016. (shrug)

This is sorta not for me ... No comics? No go.

It's right on the front page

Ok, then please clink on this link aardvark88 posted in his post. Tell me what is the first thing by date you see on front page?

What do I see? "14/15/16 Aug 2015" ... as said right on screen ( where a lovely anime girl's hand point to this date). :taptaptap:

Thanks for doing the basic Linked In and Facebook research on Brasco. Any relation to forumite Bronty, as they have similar surnames?

Brasco may have a hard time getting cosplayers and toy vendors to join his Vanc Expo, as it falls on the exact same 3 days in Aug, 2016, as the large and established :o Anime Revolution con in downtown Vancouver at another venue:

Uh, that link only shows info from last year's show. I didn't see dates for 2016. (shrug)

Ok, then please clink on this link aardvark88 posted in his post. Tell me what is the first thing by date you see on front page?

What do I see? "14/15/16 Aug 2015" ... as said right on screen ( where a lovely anime girl's hand point to this date). :taptaptap:

When I click on it, I see 2016 dates, right there on the front page.

When I click on it, I see 2016 dates, right there on the front page.

Yes... But it is for anime revolution WINTER 2016! In other words, Feb 7th and 8th.

aardvark88 said of the same days in AUGUST this year being in the same date as Brasco Vancouver Expo. On the website does not show or say that. :makepoint:

Yeah... I decided to look again why I get the link directed to this page. Turned out it took me to the "beta" version. This link had the older info up to winter 2016. I found the correct website with the right info for 2016.

Here is the proper link to Anime Revolution:

Anime Relvolution 2016

Whatever... :whatev:

Greggy just dunked on Fan Boy like he had his very own sneaker line.

Well, I'm like one of the fishes that got suckered ... Hook, line and sinker in all! A pox o' curses at you Greggy, you!

:kidaround:

Now back to the program... We're supposed to be on Vancouver Comic Book show, not other shows. :foryou:

The brand new 3 day Aug/16 Vanc Expo has just announced their 1st 2 tv media guests so it looks like this annual pop culture show at BC Place is for real:

SHIELD and Stargate tv guests

Maybe not yet? As of now, there is no links to go buy tickets online. Yet, on their website said is supposed be ready in January 2016. This has come and passed now, tomorrow is Feb 1st. (shrug)

Give the inaugural Vanc Expo props :applause: for announcing 2 quality tv media guests this early at six (6) months before their Aug/16 comicon dates. I am sure Brasco will confirm more media or comic guests after the huge Calgary expo at end of April, 2016. This is 3 months more lead time than any previous year's online or flyer announcements of guests by Vancouver FAN Expo now entering its 4th year for Nov, 2016.

fyi, any customers dressed in costume as Deadpool or Deadpool hybrid (2099?) will get FREE admission to see Thurs. Feb. 4, 2016 preview screening of Deadpool movie at the downtown Vancouver Scotia Bank Theatre.

Hopefully the long break for the Vancouver Fan Expo means they have figured out how to utlize the showfloor. I had set up for the first two years of the show, and they weren't bad, but they needed more emphasis on comic book guests. Getting product across the border is a nightmare, getting it back into the USA is quite easy. I didn't set up for year #3, but attended and was shocked to see how crammed the exhibitor area was with of ton of dead space being wasted. I may reconsider doing that show again, lots of great fans up in Vancouer and the city is beautiful, but I just hope they bring in bigger guests and give exhibitors true 10x10 booth space.

Wait... Hold up, are we talking about Vancouver Comic Show, or Vancouver Fan Expo or Vancouver Expo here? Not wanna get people get confused with 3 shows in one thread. Wouldn't it be better if we put each show in its own thread to set course straight? Thank you

Hopefully increased competition will make Fan Expo up their game.

In Canada with FAN Expo (Vancouver or Toronto), the standard booth size is 8' x 8', not 10' x 10' like in the USA or at the Calgary, Edmonton and now brand new 3 day Vanc Expo in Aug/16. My posse is in discussion now to see if we want to book an island of 8 full size (thumbs u 10' x 10' booths for Vanc Expo at their introductory :gossip: prepaid rate.

Hopefully increased competition will make Fan Expo up their game.

In Canada with FAN Expo (Vancouver or Toronto), the standard booth size is 8' x 8', not 10' x 10' like in the USA or at the Calgary, Edmonton and now brand new 3 day Vanc Expo in Aug/16. My posse is in discussion now to see if we want to book an island of 8 full size (thumbs u 10' x 10' booths for Vanc Expo at their introductory :gossip: prepaid rate.

Thanks for making different threads for the various Vancouver shows, I will take my response over to the Fan Expo thread since it has to do with that and not the show this month. :)