• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quarterfinals #2: Giant Sized X-Men #1 vs. Action #583 & Superman #423

Giant Sized X-Men #1 vs. Action #583 & Superman #423  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Giant Sized X-Men #1 vs. Action #583 & Superman #423

94 posts in this topic

I'd like the 64 people that voted against GSX1 to stand up and be counted.

I smell a big pile of bull [#@$%!!!]. sumo.gif

Where did Redhook put that meter? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That was for wee, wasn't it? Has to be said, even a Moorist like myself can't believe this result. Ridiculous.

Who voted for those 2 issues? This is why I kinda stopped voting in these polls. Obviously someone has learned to manipulate them.

the banana!!

the banana is the great manipulator!!!

yay.gif

i voted gsx1, so there

hi.gif

1/64th accounted for.

I'm voting based only on what I take to be the quality of the work, the one story I'd give to a civilian to show what comics are capable of. GS X-Men surely is a historic book, definitely is a collectible book, but if you give it to a civilian today, I doubt he/she would be overly impressed with First Nightcrawler, First Storm, Third Wolverine, etc. It's basically a super-hero slug-fest. A well-done one, sure, but still... yeahok.gif

Let the record show in an earlier round I voted against Alan Moore's "Last Superman Story" in favor of "Days of Future Past." I just think Days of Future Past is a better story than GS X-Men #1, with "Last Superman" somewhere in between.

None of 'em can hold a candle to Daredevil: Born Again, however! foreheadslap.gif

It's all about the story. 893blahblah.gif

hi.gif

1/64th accounted for.

I'm voting based only on what I take to be the quality of the work, the one story I'd give to a civilian to show what comics are capable of. GS X-Men surely is a historic book, definitely is a collectible book, but if you give it to a civilian today, I doubt he/she would be overly impressed with First Nightcrawler, First Storm, Third Wolverine, etc. It's basically a super-hero slug-fest. A well-done one, sure, but still... yeahok.gif

Let the record show in an earlier round I voted against Alan Moore's "Last Superman Story" in favor of "Days of Future Past." I just think Days of Future Past is a better story than GS X-Men #1, with "Last Superman" somewhere in between.

None of 'em can hold a candle to Daredevil: Born Again, however! foreheadslap.gif

It's all about the story. 893blahblah.gif

Wow, possibly the stupidest response I have ever heard.

Sorry man, but who gives a rats what non-collectors or "civilians" think about either book. This poll is for us collectors and what we think about the books in question. The impact GSX has upon comics and comic-related areas is difficult to minimize.

I know you have your opinion and that's great but man was it waaaay off the mark.

The final winner should now be interesting as the best book of all time with GSX out.

Just went back to AlexH's original thread proposing the contest, just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating (emphasis added) :

Every couple of days I will present 2-3 books that will be placed against each other in a poll to determine which one is better. You can base your decision on the story, art, creative team, impact on the industry, or even the monetary value. Whatever you wish. It's all in fun anyways.

flowerred.gif

I think what Dice meant was...

"I'd like the 64 people that voted against GSX1 to stand up against this wall here. Thanks."

gun.gif

Did we miss anyone? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gif

i guess this site uses diebold vote tabulating software....

893applaud-thumb.gif

Is it possible more people like Supes than X-men?

Stop the sour grapes.

There were bound to be upsets.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Stop the sour grapes.

My apologies, Ares. flowerred.gif

I seemed to have missed you.

gun.gif

There! tongue.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Stop the sour grapes.

My apologies, Ares. flowerred.gif

I seemed to have missed you.

gun.gif

There!

missed-images.jpg

I voted for GSX #1. It doesn't make sense that only 67 people voted in Quarterfinal round #1 vs. 109 in this round. We've got 42 shills on these boards. makepoint.gif

Exactly. Alex has already had a example of shill polling previously.