• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BB28 from an 8.0 to a 9.0??????????

261 posts in this topic

Maybe its me but these 2 books SURE look alot like. Here is a real good example of what pressing can do for a book? You guys be the judge. I can' seem to copy the url for the 9.0 on Comiclinks site. Perhaps someone can figure it out. Take a look at all the "nicks and stress marks on the spine" and the dust shadow on the right side. The only difference on the book is the right corner and top seemed to be PRESSED out. Maybe I am wrong but the spine problems look identical in both books.

Steve

8.0]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sting]8.0[/url][/url]

Is it just me, or does the 9.0 top edge overhang look to be more creased/bent over then the 8.0.

As well as the 9.0 has a slight worse miswrap?. Or is that scanner related?

Ze-

Ya looks like the over flash increased on the ComicLink book, result of the pressure maybe? Add to that the small tears onthe bottom of the right edge and I don't get that VF/NM feeling here. I mean the book is super tough in HG, but that fact shouldn't make this copy HG.... makepoint.gif

evidence of pressing? check on the 8.0 version, there is a small stress mark just above the blue cape on the spine. it's in the exact same place in the 9.0 version, but it looks more pronounced. in fact, the 9.0 version seems to have more spine stress in that region of the book than the 8.0 copy. all marks are in the same location, they are just worse in the 9.0...

I don't collect DC, but I wouldn't buy this book without asking the owner some questions.

Ze-man,

It looks like that because of it being pressed out I think.

Steve

I wonder if the top edge was creased DURING pressing. As Red said.. the 9.0 looks outa kilter after the pressing.. so that would make the top edge overhang slightly , and then be bent over during pressing?

The 8.0 exhibits no top edge overhang creasing , to my eyes anyhow.

Ze-

Why press a book like this? I actually like it much better before it was pressed. now it LOOKS like it was pressed. also, can someone please remind me why this would not receive a PLOD from CGC? It seems I've seen PLOD books with notes about suspected cleaning and pressing in the past. but maybe CGC only notes that when some other type of resto caused the PLOD?

looking at this,

I don't think Comgeek is in the Mid high grade business on books. It looks to me that this was a specific purchase. Now good for him if it sells, bad for the collector who doesn't know.

Rube

Why press a book like this? I actually like it much better before it was pressed. now it LOOKS like it was pressed. also, can someone please remind me why this would not receive a PLOD from CGC? It seems I've seen PLOD books with notes about suspected cleaning and pressing in the past. but maybe CGC only notes that when some other type of resto caused the PLOD?

As to why press it ONE REASON 36_1_36.gif the difference between an 8.0 and a 9.0 is likely 10K thats a lot of reasons. Reputable? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif that word only goes so far - 10K has a way of taking a lot of REP out of reputable.