• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BB28 from an 8.0 to a 9.0??????????

261 posts in this topic

Yes, who will don the Grand Inquisitor robes and assume the legacy of the great Torquemada? A more worthwhile venture there never was ... yeahok.gif

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

I don't agree with you, Darth, but that WAS funny. grin.gif

I know, that's cool and thanks flowerred.gif

Yes, who will don the Grand Inquisitor robes and assume the legacy of the great Torquemada? A more worthwhile venture there never was ... yeahok.gif

Uh, what color and size are the robes? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think the biggest drawback to a proposal such as this is that it might cause sellers to be reluctant to disclose the serial #s of books. If they think there's a chance that their ASM 14 in 9.0 is on "the list" they may simply refuse to provide the serial # to prospective buyers. Sure, with certain scarce keys we may not need the serial # to identify the book as being on "the list," but for most, the serial # would be necessary.

Obviously, we want to avoid unduly "tagging" books that, in fact, have not been pressed.

893naughty-thumb.gif This simply will not do. This would undermine our current witchhunt to call out all our main competitor dealers and paint their respective inventories with elitist serving stigmas such as pressing and restoration. insane.gif

Why Darth, whatever do you mean by this? Are you insinuating something that casts aspersions? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif The fact that you are intimating, whether in a joking manner or not, that I am undertaking this effort for the sake of causing harm to competitors is completely irresponsible since you know nothing about me or my intentions. I don't believe our 5 minute conversation at the Tysons Show or anything you have read on these boards that I have posted gives you much credibility in this category. 893naughty-thumb.gif Unlike many of the other dealers on the boards, I will not shy away from confrontation so do think carefully of what you want to say when it concerns me, and if you didn't intend to direct your statement towards me, then you should be more careful in the future in chosing your wording.

In fact, to turn the tables, though I haven't had the time or inclination to post this in the Susan C. thread, I do find it quite interesting to see that despite your postings on these pressing threads that you don't want to voice your opinions cause you're so tired of the topic you have some unending amount of energy to intentionally seek them out and do so anyway. screwy.gif

BTW, I don't know how many times I need to say it, but I have nothing against restoration. Indeed, I will happily buy and sell restored books. makepoint.gif

Additionally, I don't find undisclosed pressing to be an "elitist stigma". There is nothing elitist about it. Just greed.

Mark, Darth is only following the unspoken rule that some on these boards follow, of trying to discredit certain people and positions through innuendo, obfuscation and misdirection. Take a look at the most damning threads posted in the past year or two, and there's a clear pattern of "CGC true believers" taking every opportunity to deflate, dilute or in other ways undermine interesting threads, when those threads appear to threaten CGC's standing in the community.

It's so patently obvious when two or three such board members hijack a thread for the sole purpose of inserting a few pages of graemlin postings in the hopes that others will get disgusted or discouraged and "move on."

I like to think I'm above this sort of gamesmanship (to put it kindly), but it's awfully tempting sometimes to resort to similar tactics.

makeitstop.jpg

I second that. makepoint.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Personally, I never ever understand when people complain about a subject being dead or that it should stop, etc. If you are bored with a topic or a thread, just do not click on it anymore when you see new responses. Simple as that.

makeitstop.jpg

Personally, I never ever understand when people complain about a subject being dead or that it should stop, etc. If you are bored with a topic or a thread, just do not click on it anymore when you see new responses. Simple as that.

popcorn.gif

makeitstop.jpg

popcorn.gif

hi.gif

hail.gif

makeitstop.jpg

I can only answer for myself and say that I would love to see some positive posts about the hobby for a change.

Or at the very least some *new* topic of complaint.

The same old [#@$%!!!], that nobody can do anything about (except whine), for MONTHS on end, gets old.

I don't read the *other* message boards, where you get to see the hammer fan club circle jerks. I prefer this board where the collectors seem to have some sense of intelligence.

I pass these threads by for a few weeks, then pop in to see if there is anything new, and there isn't. It's the same exact people, saying the same exact things. It's like "rewind...play...rewind...play".

Yes. It gets on my nerves.

I suppose I have the right to feel the way I do, just as you guys have the right to say the same [#@$%!!!] over and over and over and over.

I just feel the need to stop in and say "Get over it, or collect bottle caps" from time to time.

news.gif

I now return you to the same people from four months ago, having the same conversation from four months ago.

sleeping.gif