• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curious to read the consistency, fervor, and angst, over THIS "theft" recently!

120 posts in this topic

I send Modern books en masse to CGC...I get back 10 Ultimate Spider-Man # 15's all CGC 9.8...you suggest that I not keep the same scan for each book when they all look the same to me and CGC obviously and the only difference is the bar code #..

You know what? You ARE right. My mindset comes from being an Atom Age collector and I tend to respond in that vein. I think you'll agree that if someone has, for example, 2 copies of MISTER MYSTERY #13 with the same CGC grade, they are gonna deserve seperate scans. But yah - if you have a slew of modern 9.8's or whatever, one scan should suffice for all.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=silverage-fan&page=2&items=25

MIDDLE OF PAGE

Hmmmm....Positive feedback to me from Crusty over and over.

Except when he sells ME a piece of garbage passed as a NM copy???

These he said, HOLE said threads are getting boring.

Yaaaawn.

M

Matt,

FABULOUS, thank you for reminding me of those books. Sold to me as 9.6 books came back 9.2! Hmmmmm FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!...ATTENTION...geeze, small mind, small appreciation, and small...well, you know what. Now, did I start going nuts about your "overgrading" nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, why bother it happens, but you are a former criminal matt....fess up

I've got a reply for you. It's because he's an unscrupulous A-hole who can't abide by common decency and follow the rules like 99.9% of other Ebay sellers. It's OK to cancel an auction early every once in a while, but the rate at which he does it is inexcusable.

As for that book, it sold upon return and FULL REFUND, to another, that was quite happy with my 9.0 grade.

Too bad this was your ORIGINAL description of the book:

>>>WOW!!! Here is a chance for a lucky high bidder to acquire Amazing Spiderman# 121 "The Death of Gwen Stacy" in a true gem NM high grade 9.4!>>>

Maybe NotchTop would have been happy with it originally if he knew it was a 9.0 copy and not the 9.4 you guaranteed.

"and small...well, you know what"

Go find your own fixation. That ones mine, remember?

"Sold to me as 9.6 books came back 9.2!"

I thought you were some kind of expert grader. That's what you imply in your auction listings anyway. If you can't tell the difference between a 9.2 and a 9.6, that would explain why you sold a 9.0 as a 9.4 I guess. How can you offer a CGC grade guarantee when you can't tell a 9.2 from a 9.6?

Man, you really do pile it on deep.

Sooo, you were happy when you received the books, you obviously thought he graded them correctly or you wouldn't have left feedback, and only now do you rant on him because he's pissed off that you sold him a book guaranteed as a 9.4 with a huge crease on the corner. You're a real piece of work.

Actually, what exactly IS my rate of auction cancellations barry? I do believe MOST of my auctions have buyers? I'll assume by your commentary my auction cancellations are around 75%

and Murph...that ASM# 122 9.4 was sold to an offer outside Ebay.....YIKES..imagine the horror...guys, get ANOTHER hobby! smirk.gif

crusty,

Based on the unethical things you have done, where do you draw the line? You seem willing to do whatever it takes to sell an item. Are you a person of integrity? After the scan theft, auction tampering, selective private auctions, claims of a DD168 9.8 etc, did you expect sympathy for the use of your text?

Did you see the text theft as anywhere near as bad as the above things you've done?

What were you hoping this thread would accomplish?

Yup, keep harping on it barry doesn't change the facts. One poor transaction now makes what?..my entire selling record on Ebay?..REALLY?..where are all the other disgruntled buyers? oh, that's right, mentioning the LACK of them would make this thread worthless...I get it... crazy.gif

I don't have anything personal against you - we've never done a deal, and you've never gotten personal in your replies.

BUT... I have a big problem with the way you deal on eBay.

Because of notch top's history, was it ok to sell him a book with a crushed corner and call it a 9.4? What if I, or FF, or Donut (who defended you above) had bought the book? In essence, a buyer with no history. Would the offensive replies to notch top's e-mail have occured?

eBay prohibits the ending of auctions early. Period. Especially with half an hour to go. This isn't about ethics, or a 'nuance' of the selling process grin.gif , it's there in the agreement for new users when you sign up for eBay? How are you able to rationalize around that?