• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curious to read the consistency, fervor, and angst, over THIS "theft" recently!

120 posts in this topic

So in reading the above replies to crusty's well worded post, am I to infer that we are o.k. with his ending auctions early? How about selling a DD 168 as NM, while claiming that another copy bought at the same time was graded a CGC 9.8?

If crusty is a swell guy, why not just apologize for the scan use in the first place? And why create several user names for the purpose of starting contentious threads? mad.gif

I'm pretty sure that crusty is an intelligent person with much to add to the board, but I think there are a few more issues than just the scan that need addressing.

Lastly, the "ethics" regarding my auctions I have to take issue with, I can make any deal I wish to sell my items, and no one can tell me differently. Sometimes i've ended auctions because I had better offers, sometimes just because I decided not to sell it, and sometimes because the price wasn't right.

Try this with a Heritage auction.... grin.gif

Posted by Doc, 9/27 @ 7:16: "eBay prohibits the ending of auctions early. Period. Especially with half an hour to go."

Hey Doc, do you have a link to this information on Ebay? Is this a new/recent Ebay policy change ("it's there in the agreement for new users when you sign up for eBay")? I would love to have some ammunition to use against a few sellers. I hate those person_too_unaware_of_social_graces Ebayers who end their auctions early, and I have had it happen to me several times (one with less than 5 minutes to go).

After each time it happened, I emailed Ebay SafeHarbor and complained, and they told me time after time, "A seller can end their auction at any time they want. Any time." As far as I know, the only rule they have now is that sellers can't add any info to their auction in the last 12 hours. But I haven't had a seller end an auction on me in a while, so things may have changed (I hope).

A link or any info would be great. Thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean CI, there are definitely some legit reasons. But all the auctions that were ended on me always seemed to be the ones I was going to get a great deal on smile.gif I emailed a few of the sellers and they flat out said it was because the auction was going too cheap. I've suggested to Ebay that no auction be allowed to be pulled one hour before ending, but never heard back.

If EBay continues to lose "Final Value Fees" from these auctionus interruptus guys, then they will change it. Money talks to EBay and I have a feeling they'll bring the hammer down if this becomes a bit too popular.

Also, some sellers do this not only to evade lower sale prices, but to build a client list for off-EBay sales, something that the company is starting to realize.

Lastly, the "ethics" regarding my auctions I have to take issue with, I can make any deal I wish to sell my items, and no one can tell me differently. Sometimes i've ended auctions because I had better offers, sometimes just because I decided not to sell it, and sometimes because the price wasn't right.

That is the sleaziest thing I've ever heard. You can go right ahead and continue to do that, but you will not get my money, and you've just been added to my "blocked bidder" list. You try doing that at a real auction house with an item with no reserve and you'll never do business again.

Seriously, just go away. I tried to defend you before, but you're just a sleazy, loud, pompus windbag who has stolen scans (and then waited WEEKS to admit it), apparently sent NM books that were less than that, lied about having a 9.8 book and generally been a major pain in the .

People on this board who know me will tell you that I play fair and by the rules. Apparently, you don't. And for those reasons, and a myriad of others, please, just go away.

I can make any deal I wish to sell my items, and no one can tell me differently. Sometimes i've ended auctions because I had better offers, sometimes just because I decided not to sell it, and sometimes because the price wasn't right.

Bascially all three equate to the same thing. But I hope folks realize that perspective. Why the hell should they waste time reading descriptions and bidding and then have you say "Oh my heavens golly gosh me! I am not seeming to get as much as I want."?

Put a damned high starting bid on it and see. Jeeze.

new user...

I think that policy is outlined when you sign the agreement to abide by eBay regulations. Apparently, judging from your experience with SafeHarbor, it is just a bunch of hot air. mad.gif

Gotta love how buyers' retracted bid history shows up in the feedback, though. mad.gif

To me, ending auctions early because the price is too low is the seller equivalent of a buyer deciding not to pay because he bid too high. Agree? Disagree?

To me, ending auctions early because the price is too low is the seller equivalent of a buyer deciding not to pay because he bid too high. Agree? Disagree?

I have to agree. Put the minimum bid at the lowest you're willing to take, or use a reserve. The only reason to pull an auction at the last minute is because the item was damaged at the last minute. Ebay also forbids selling to someone outside of ebay if they know about the item because of the posted auction. I've had people ask me to do this and I have to explain why that isn't allowed (it's right there in the 'question for seller' email, actually). I tell them that if they want it, they should bid. Seems pretty simple to me.

-- Joanna

LMAO, this reminds me of something. One time I was selling a strut bar for an MR2 & my dad ran over it with his car 5 minutes after the auction ended!!! frown.gif It was lying in the garage on top of tons of colroful newspaper but my dad didn't think much of it & just ran it over. MAUAAHHA. I was so pissed at the moment, but was able to reverse the process by running it over again flipped over hahaha.