• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Expanse...
2 2

112 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Watched the pilot episode last night. Liked it. But also remember how I felt when I watched the first two episodes originally.

But I realize from feedback here I need to get through Episodes 1-4.

Yep.  My friend told me to tough it out.  I failed a few times trying to get into it.  I was so completely bored this week that I toughed it out and got through the initial episodes. I forgot how many episodes it took me, maybe 4-6 but it did finally hook me.

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Yep.  My friend told me to tough it out.  I failed a few times trying to get into it.  I was so completely bored this week that I toughed it out and got through the initial episodes. I forgot how many episodes it took me, maybe 4-6 but it did finally hook me.

Well now that I have the first three seasons available, once I get through those warm-up episodes then I can get into the better experiences.

5 hours ago, bane said:

Finished Season 4 over the weekend, I enjoyed it and I think its on par with the first season but not as good as season 2 & 3 IMO. Looking forward to more but after season 2 & 3, I wanted..... more.

It’s just a major departure theme wise and story wise. It definitely picked up as the season went along.

4 hours ago, zhamlau said:

It’s just a major departure theme wise and story wise. It definitely picked up as the season went along.

I have watch the first 3 episodes of season 4.  It is a little slow, but realize they had to reset the board and start many new storylines after basically blowing everything up at the end of season 3.

Also, I watch this with my son.  I would have binged it all by now, but he is not the binging type.

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm up to Episode 8 of Season 1, and really liking this show now. Glad people highly recommended watching it.

Glad you stuck with it.  By episode 8 you can now clearly see where things pick up, and why the first few episodes are important, but a little meh.

Up to Season Two now.

It is too easy to state the second season is so much better than the first. You need to recognize they spent that first season warming you up to all the characters and their backstories.

But man, do they kick it into high gear with that opening Season Two episode.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Up to Season Two now.

It is too easy to state the second season is so much better than the first. You need to recognize they spent that first season warming you up to all the characters and their backstories.

But man, do they kick it into high gear with that opening Season Two episode.

Bobby ends up having one of the best arcs on the show.

To Season 2, Episode 6 (Paradigm Shift). Wow!!!!

To me, this was such a pivotal and impressive episode I feel like it took the show to a new level even greater than the previous episodes.

All the players coming together leading to the events of the moment, including the inventor of the drive that allowed for colonization portrayed in flashback scenes, was amazing. But the big battle leading to up the politicians strategizing next steps was intense.

Thanks for the recommendations, folks! :banana:

On 1/31/2016 at 4:53 PM, Davenport said:

I thought it took about 5 or 6 episodes to get rolling.

Ultimately its central-plot is about the crew of the Rocinante. Which they don't even get until episode 5 or so. (Don Quixote's horse)

As well as the ship in the RUSH song Cygnus X-1! (yes i know it came from cervantes)

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm deep into Season. What a fantastic show!

Where Season 2 was really good, Season 3 is fantastic. So glad people highly recommended it. So worth it.

Did you get to the point where they turn everything om its head yet?