• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Expanse...
2 2

112 posts in this topic

...is the show I look forward to the most each week. :cloud9: It's now up to Episode 8 (for you binge-watchers out there). If you're not watching, you really should.

The quality and writing are excellent. Multilevel plotlines, rich characters. Might be the best show on tv right now. Seriously.

the_expanse_still_h_2015.jpg

I am just about finished with season 1 of Dark Matter so I will give it a shot, is it only on Syfy? Netflix or Amazon dont seem to have it.
Yep, it's Syfy-only. Hulu and syfy.com have full episodes, but you have to log "your cable provider" to view.

Seems like when other premium-content providers are decoupling from cable (with 'HBO Now' and similar apps) Comcast/Syfy is doubling down.

If they screw up by throttling viewership here's hoping Netflix picks it up and runs with it. :wishluck:The Expanse deserves to be seen, with multiple seasons to tell the tale.

I tried the first few episodes. It was good. I think I dropped off at Episode 4, though it has enough interesting characters and -script points. Here was what I posted in the Water Cooler thread on this show when it came out.

Good show.

A little too much of a mystery to start out. And it seems to jump right into the series without a lot of backstory.

But there are enough interesting characters to make you want to last it out, and understand where this show is going. It happens around the third episode.

Fourth episode ends up introducing more characters. Including the actor that played Tyreese from The Walking Dead (Chad Coleman). Thomas Jane's character (Detective Miller) has something going on as well that isn't completely clear.

There is a death scene in a holding cell that is quite gruesome. Yet the special effects used are quite impressive.

I'll jump back in now and see how 5 comes across.

I'll jump back in now and see how 5 comes across.
I thought it took about 5 or 6 episodes to get rolling.

Ultimately its central-plot is about the crew of the Rocinante. Which they don't even get until episode 5 or so. (Don Quixote's horse)

Ultimately its central-plot is about the crew of the Rocinante. Which they don't even get until episode 5 or so. (Don Quixote's horse)

It is a better episode than 1-4. And I like how the characters come along. It kind of reminds me of Farscape, though this is a totally different theme.

Jared Harris is a hell of an actor, though he is a minor character on the show. He was great in Sherlock Holmes 2 as Professor Moriarty.

By the way, Syfy dedicated quite the extensive section on its site to this show.

Syfy's The Expanse

I am just about finished with season 1 of Dark Matter so I will give it a shot, is it only on Syfy? Netflix or Amazon dont seem to have it.

I was pretty surprised how quickly Dark Matter hit netflix.

...is the show I look forward to the most each week. :cloud9: It's now up to Episode 8 (for you binge-watchers out there). If you're not watching, you really should.

The quality and writing are excellent. Multilevel plotlines, rich characters. Might be the best show on tv right now. Seriously.

the_expanse_still_h_2015.jpg

This is a pretty cool show, thanks for recommending it - I binge-watched a bunch of episodes to catch up. :popcorn:

(thumbs u

Finally! It looks like Episode 7 is where the show really comes together, and by 8 it takes off. Especially with the mystery concerning the ship that destroyed the freighter with all those civilians on it.

Now it feels like the civilization that developed on SYFY's Battlestar Galactica, where we learned about different classes, and how this effects their interaction.

:applause:

Watched Expanse to episode 6 so far. I would rank tv sci-fi series as:

1. Dark Matter: more hand to hand combat action than Expanse

2. The Expanse

3. The 100: disjointed Season 3 episode 1 that I downloaded.

I watched dark matter on Netflix sometime back and though I wanted to like it just felt like really bad Firefly fan fiction.

The Expanse Season 2 Trailer And Release Date

theexpanse-season2-210982.png

Even though its premiere isn't until February, Syfy has released the first full-length trailer for the 13-episode second season of The Expanse.

The story of The Expanse unfolds across a colonized galaxy 200 years in the future, when two strangers – a hardened detective, Joe Miller (Thomas Jane), and a rogue ship’s captain, James Holden (Steven Strait) – become unwittingly swept up in a vast conspiracy to cover up a horrific human experiment. As Season 2 kicks off with interplanetary tensions at an all-time high, the cold war between Earth and Mars is on the brink of an all-out battle.

Another cancelled show saved through fan dedication not only via social media, but also paying to fly a plane over Amazon's HQ to encourage it pick up the show.

Mission accomplished!