• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic D.C. WASHTONE Thread
4 4

169 posts in this topic

I've always loved these books..... also referred to as Grey Tone covers..... although the effect is achieved through more than just a grey application. There's a thread in here somewhere already dealing with this, but I thought I'd start up another. They're typically associated with the Big 5 D.C. War books where many were used..... but they also found their way into many other titles. A wonderful effort has been made to index the ones related to the War books in the annual OPG..... but I was wondering if an effort to list ALL of them has ever been made.....I mean, the Peter Pandas, Hopalong Cassidys, Brave and the Bolds, Sci-Fi titles, etc ? If you want to post up some favorites, feel free.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here's one of my favorites..... got it in a trade with my pal, BrianR..... and though I list it in my sales threads from time to time, it's always priced too high to actually sell.... which I hope it never does :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

BB23.jpg

If I post any that are not actual grey tone's please let me know (thumbs u

...Looks to me like you've got it down, bro...... and thanks, there's so many of these out there that many of us don't even know about. To me, it's my single biggest disappointment over Gerber's lack of a SA set for D.C....... but he did what he could R.I.P...... GOD BLESS....