• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATTN CGC: Customers?

16 posts in this topic

I just thought I'd put this up here and see what some people thought. While I do concede CGC's phone reps are outstanding and extremely knowledgable..I have other qualms..Where else do you send some stuff you own, between 100-200 dollars and full expect to never hear back from the company your sending it to until a few months down the road? It would certainly not be very difficult to send a little postcard or something stating that CGC has received your books and you will receive them back upon completion of grading. You should really not have to call CGC to make sure they got the books...CGC isn't the customer, the person sending the comics is..it'd be kinda nice if it started working that way rather then the buyer just being left out in the cold so to speak. Anyways, I conclude that CGC's customer support (despite being excellent on the phones) currently is pretty poor. Anyone else think they should at least send a little note saying "hey thanks for buying our services, we got your books..have a good one!"

Brian

Forget the postcard - at least an e-mail confirmation that they received it would be fine. Although I usually at least check the tracking number of the CGC package after I send it to make sure it gets delivered.

Those who pay by credit card can simply check their next statement if they are patient enough, but I agree, an email would be nice. Additionally, the ppl who open up our packages & charge our cc's need to wise up: I found out today that they charged me for re-slabbing a comic when it was supposed to be done free of charge and I had included a note mentioning this. Moreover, they charged me for the 2 Standard Submissions that I won in Comics-Quest mad.gif The 2 certificates were included as well as a letter, but they STILL charged me! mad.gif Double check your cc statements carefully folks... shocked.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

CGC used to send emails informing people that there submissions had been received. However, they stopped about ten months ago because of how swamped they were. I asked them about it and they said it was just too much work. Maybe now that they have added some new people, they will re-institute the system.

When they first started, CGC would send an EMAIL confirming receipt of the books. They also called me to advise me of the extra charges for shipping to Canada which I obviously agreed with unless I wanted to fly down there to pick up my books. Now, they automatically charge my credit card and I haven't received an acknowledgement EMAILs in over a year. Guess, they are too busy for me! frown.gif

Yeah, an e-mail would be nice. The last time I received a confirmation was back in Nov 2000 and I've sent in 6 shipments since then. Far better than an e-mail though would be an order tracking system that we as customers could log into to see the current status of our books, ie received, in storage, pre-grading, final grading, encapsulation, etc. Maybe sometime in the near future.....

I know that I'd never want confirmation by phone though, it would make me too jumpy. The last time I got a call from CGC was when Scott called me to inform me that they had to bump up my submission tier frown.gif No, wait, I sold those books for 7 times guide in the end. grin.gif

The last books I sent in, I got a email and I recieved the registered mail card saying they recieved the package of books. The email was a automatic after making out the order. Then there was the credit card bill that shows CGC among my purchases. I can't think of what more needs to be done.

I'm just trying to understand this, because I never had this problem. Are the books being sent by you? Or some middle man? If its a middle man, it could be that the middle man is getting the notifications and not passing that info on to you. If your sending it yourself and not getting any notification then somethings wrong. Do you send by REGISTERED mail?

Absolutely. They HAVE to have a computerized system. It would not be difficult to add an automated email to that.

A question on this - I have yet to submit a book to be graded. I will be putting up a few scans to get the opinions of the denizens here. DO they ask for email address?

they ask for email address and shipping address...I count on the delivery confimation to tell me when CGc receives my books. and start counting from that day on. The only problem I had about CGC was that I moved recently "in between" prescreens and they kept sending to my old address even though I called to change my address 3 times. Once I got Gemma and it was still sent to the old address first. The bottom line is that they enter the address on the initial submission form and have problems updating if there are changes to be made.

Just like greggy said, CGC (Jennifer) used to send an immediate e-mail after receiving submission packages stating: "We have recieved your books and anticipate an estimated turnaround time as outlined below..." on every submission. I asked the CGC support staff (Excellent folks here, especially Scott, THE best & most professional/honest staff I've ever spoken with at CGC) if they could/would continue this e-mail notice of receipt to bolster customer confidence, and it sounds like the staff's time is fully allocated to more critical duties to meet demands at this time.

However, I did suggest it some time ago & it sounds like they were receptive to my request. With staff like Scott on board, I'm confident that we'll be taken care of in the interim. grin.gif