• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Freaking Big Five DC war collecting bug bit me right is the "spoon" by JWKyle

79 posts in this topic

Big Five DC war is going to happen

I've made up my mind I'm going to start a Big 5 DC war run. I'm starting with a very small amount of books this run is 1050 books(unless I miscounted)I am not counting the OAAW run after it changes to Sgt. Rock , I'm not counting the G.I. Combats when it was being published by Quality and I'm also not going to include SSWS after it was changed to the Unknown Soldier. I have 34 books to start with and no keys to speak of so the hunt should be fun.

I have a plan I'm going to read a book and scan the book I will start with the small amount of books I have and just work my way through as I go. I hope to pick up knowledge as I go. If the book is graded I'm probably not going to crack it out to read butt that doesn't mean I won't add a raw down the road to read. I have my checklist done up. It is so much smaller than my Marvel checklist. The plan is to put a halt starting today on all my other collecting areas and just focus on the War.

One thing I'm not going to do is sale any of my other books to prop up my funds for the war books. I will get them as I can and try not to go overboard and over extend myself.

See more journals by JWKyle

That bug bit me years ago! I have plenty of extras, graded and raw.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=92871

Thanks for the link and I will diffenently be up for some wheeling and dealing after I start building up on doubles or upgrades about the only two books as of now that really don't fit are these two with them being quality books

G.i.%20Combat%2020.jpg

G.I.%20Combat%2023.jpg

AAMOW 115 - A burnt out Johnny Cloud story of him hanging with his " squaw".

Interesting side note with what is happening with the Washington Redskins it made me think maybe squaw is not a proper word to be used but it sure was used in this issue over and over even when Tex was going to make a play for his squaw (tsk)

AAMOW%20115_1.jpg

I know this is not Big 5 War but it does have the haunted tank in it. I came across this as I was going through the drek long boxes to thin the herd. Pretty cool cover. I have about 30 Big 5 War books scanned I just need to read and grade each one.

20160228173935.jpg

You gotta like yellow covers and I adore all DC war, 60s and 70s.
It's the way the German soldier is drawn his face is just off like maybe Kubert didn't define the outline of the right side of his face and his back is kind of off from his chest. Not nearly as disportionate but it reminds me of a captain american cover Liefeld did.