• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1, Should be a good gauge on REAL market value:

126 posts in this topic

Sparkle City has a CGC 3.5 Batman 1 on Ebay With what I think would be best to call standard resto.( color touch, trim ect). As they seem to do with most of there listings its a straight auction style listing with no bin or make an offer or reserve. So as long as there is no bogus bidding it should be a good gauge to see where this book is really at and where standard resto is at on GA Mega Keys. There was a time not to long ago this book would not have been a big deal in this condition so it should be fun to watch imo.

Any prediction? I am thinking 12k-18K

Batman-1-CGC-3-5-MEGA-KEY-1940-1st-Joker-1st-Catwoman-Origin-DC-Golden-Age

Item # eBay item number:201527902529

Anyone have any recent sales data to get a better idea? Seems 15-20K is the general estimate. But IMO 5k is a pretty big window. To be honest I don't think its a bad looking book for the grade & if I was looking for an example and thought I could get this under 15k I would consider it as this book is getting very hard to get a hold of at any kinda fair deal & its not often one comes up on Ebay with this type of auction.

PS. Iv always been a sucker for this books the front & back cover and the content are everything a key should be.

Anyone have any recent sales data to get a better idea? Seems 15-20K is the general estimate. But IMO 5k is a pretty big window. To be honest I don't think its a bad looking book for the grade & if I was looking for an example and thought I could get this under 15k I would consider it as this book is getting very hard to get a hold of at any kinda fair deal & its not often one comes up on Ebay with this type of auction.

PS. Iv always been a sucker for this books the front & back cover and the content are everything a key should be.

Not a lot of recent data for restored copies, and the date that is there isn't very consistent. For example, a 6.0 B5 sold last August for $21,510, but a 6.0 EP sold just two months earlier for $31,999. Kind of hard to determine value when you have a 10K spread between two copies in the same grade.

The most recent data for a restored 3.5 is a trimmed copy that sold in Feb of 2014 for $12,310, but two years ago is ancient history for this book.

I don't like EP restoration because I feel like I really don't know the quantity of what has been done to the book. What percentage of the cover is original? This may be an incorrect assumption on my part, but at least with an MP book you know the maximum amount of restoration is less than an EP grade. With an EP grade, what is the max amount of restoration?

I don't like EP restoration because I feel like I really don't know the quantity of what has been done to the book. What percentage of the cover is original? This may be an incorrect assumption on my part, but at least with an MP book you know the maximum amount of restoration is less than an EP grade. With an EP grade, what is the max amount of restoration?

That's exactly why I sold my Bat 1 6.0 EP. Just too much resto.

Sparkle City has a CGC 3.5 Batman 1 on Ebay With what I think would be best to call standard resto.( color touch, trim ect). As they seem to do with most of there listings its a straight auction style listing with no bin or make an offer

Can you elaborate on calling this "standard" being so far to the right of the restoration spectrum? Is that because you are you referring to this in the context of the age of this book? How much more beta or premium on this slab do you think it would bring in say if it was labeled only slight or slight/moderate?

Sparkle has heavy hitting deep pocket buyers that follow them. Awhile back I tried going after some BA ASM slabs they listed and some of the hammer bids were all time highs. You have to give them props because generally they always list in bidding style format.

What I meant by standard resto was with all the talk on this board as of late on the other company grading these resto creation books the resto on this book is what I am used to & have seen for a long time. Meaning its what I and I think its fair to say many of us are used to seeing done to books in terms of restoration. I was making no comment on the quality of the resto. I had no way of way of pointing this out other than using the term standard, old school, not a complete fabrication all of these could have been used. I just used the word standard sorry for any confusion.