• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard Mag Collectors?
1 1

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gmgq23 said:

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone gotten a Wizard Magazine CGC graded?  Nothing turns up when I try to google it...

Some-

http://cgcdata.com/cgc/search/publisher/:Wizard:/title/:Wizard:/label/all/orderby/alphabetical/variants/yes/census/200428/

On 5/5/2019 at 2:04 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:

If I may, Wizard was published for twenty years.  Overstreet's Fan (Wizard knockoff), lasted all of two years.  As you wrote, the Overstreet Price Guide is still being published, but they weren't above getting on the wave that Wizard created, and Wizard lasted, literally, ten times longer! 

Overstreet Fan published the actual prices, which didnt change much outside of Summer convention season.  Wizard artificially raised prices on new books to make it look like something was going on, and then dropped them the month after.

Wizard was the worst thing to ever happen to the comic market.  They should be slabbed, only the cover art has any value.

Edited by FineCollector

Wizard was the only way I stayed up to date on industry news back in the pre internet days. I looked forward to it every month and ate up every last goofy article, Jim Balent profile, and ridiculous top ten biggest boobs in comics special report. 

I acknowledge the ridiculousness of it now, including the downstream damage caused by its make-believe price guide, but I still look upon it with nostalgia. 

On 1/26/2024 at 4:27 PM, ThothAmon said:

Got this one signed by McFarlane a few years back, unpressed for what it’s worth. 

IMG_3870.jpeg

Wow , has to be worth at least $200?