• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

I'm new to comics, but the 2 stand out artists that I have noticed (Aside from Alex Ross who I think is great) so far are Dell Otto and Sorrentino. I loved the Dell Otto B&W Version of the DKIII Bulletproof Exclusive.

3206d4c02e05bb6d03068c5ca94e2668.jpg

Unfortunately neither work on the comics that I collect :(, although Sorrentino did do a 1:25 Deathstroke #1 Cover which I loved.

Nice drawings. His current DC work is much better than his earlier Marvel work.

Just curious, but I couldn't help but notice most of the characters do not have feet or the feet are obscured. And on one of them with feet, Superman's back foot is ... weird. Is he another artist that hates drawing feet?

Has he ever done interior work or is he strictly a pinup artist?

People are putting up X-23 #1 Dell'ottos at crazy prices, I hope no one is buying them for that kind of money.

As for interior work, Dell'otto did the

I must have missed that one.

Are those the only interiors he's done ?

-J.

No, he also did the 2004 Secret War limited series.

(thumbs u

Seems to be covers only nowadays though.

-J.

Just curious, but I couldn't help but notice most of the characters do not have feet or the feet are obscured. And on one of them with feet, Superman's back foot is ... weird. Is he another artist that hates drawing feet?

You know who hates drawing feet? Go pick up any Hellboy trade paperback and see how long it is before you see feet not obscured by rocks, grass or any random object. Mike M hates feet!!!

You know who hates drawing feet? Go pick up any Hellboy trade paperback and see how long it is before you see feet not obscured by rocks, grass or any random object. Mike M hates feet!!!

@Wowithurts- Make sure you re-post your 667 so I can add you to the new club. :foryou:

@ebtorres- That's a great looking OA Joker cover! :headbang:

@valiant- Thanks for posting those illustrations. Some of those look almost photo-realistic.

-J.

Yep its the same one that sold on the 14th for less than half the current asking price.

Yes the seller on the 14th totally whiffed it and now this seller is obviously looking for the quick flip.

-J.

Yep its the same one that sold on the 14th for less than half the current asking price.

Yes the seller on the 14th totally whiffed it and now this seller is obviously looking for the quick flip.

-J.

How was the $800 dollar sale that occurred the same day as a Stan SS auction for $1050 a "total whiff"? That language implies that you believe the current ask is more legit than two sales from a couple weeks ago that were within spitting distance of each other if you factor in SS costs.

(shrug)