• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Talia Has Become Super Hot posted by john ivic

6 posts in this topic

First Appearance With An Adams Cover

The recent ComicLink auction saw Detective Comics 411, CGC 9.8, go for $8000! The debut of Talia al Ghul, one month before Batman 232. I for one, did not know this book had become so hot. Must have something to do with the fact that Talia is the mother of Batman's son. I guess the best grade I could hope to afford is an 8.5 - probably about $400. Must be nice to be able to afford this one!

17294.jpg

See more journals by john ivic

Groundswell of booming popularity. Book seems to have a life of its own. As for the 9.8 haven't checked census but could be rare (black cover cliché?). As an interesting comparison/coincidence, a 9.8 Hawkman 4 sold the week (?) before for $14,000 (I believe a 9.8 sold for $3K about 3 years ago). Talia shouldn't be worth 4/7 of Zatanna...

Talia has been a mainstay in the Batman mythos forever....... the cover is a strong Adams example and actually features her..... the book has a lot going for it. I snagged a CGC 8.0 with White pages and a great wrap for $ 300..... it's a keeper for sure. While T.V. and Movies will have some influence, it may just be a book that was overlooked and undervalued for too long. It's not the type of book that I would get "tired" of. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u