• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOBO is a go for real!
3 3

160 posts in this topic

LOBO Movie Still On At WB; WONDER WOMAN Writer Jason Fuchs Will Pen The -script

According to The Wrap, Warner Bros. has hired Wonder Woman scribe Jason Fuchs to work on the -script for their long-gestating Lobo movie. The last word we had on this one was back in 2012 when San Andreas director Brad Peyton signed on to helm the picture, but because there had been no news since then most of us assumed it was destined to remain in development hell.

Could the success of a certain R-rated X-Men spinoff be responsible for Lobo's revival? I'd say it's a safe enough bet.

Though Don Payne had written a -script previously, apparently "Fuchs will start from scratch with his own take on Lobo".

fan-cast-superman-vs-the-elite-671106.jpg

hm

Cinemablend put a little more into the news. At least summarizing the history of the movie.

DC's Lobo Movie Just Took A Big Step Forward

Since 2009, Warner Bros. has been working on Lobo, but never getting much of anywhere, having been stuck in various stages of development for years. Guy Ritchie was originally set to direct, though he ultimately left to go make Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. San Andreas director Brad Peyton then became attached after the departure, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was set to play the title character, though he, too, jumped ship eventually and will play Black Adam in Shazam.

Still, despite all the problems, Lobo hasn’t ever been officially cancelled. Back in 2012, Don Payne was hired to write a -script. However, according to The Wrap’s sources, Jason Fuchs is not going to be working from that draft, he will, instead, be starting over from the beginning.

Let`s just hope it`s based on this version

1691159-652387_lobo_super.jpg

:wishluck:

... Bite me, Fan boy :cloud9:

....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... I'll never be able to innocently enjoy listening to "The Name Game" again lol

If they think Lobo can compete with Deadpool at the theaters, they've got some weird koolaid - and I'm a big DC fan over Marvel.

I think what''s always intrigued me about Lobo, especially when talking cinematic universe, is that not only does he have that obvious Lobo thing, but he's a legit power level threat to most of the pantheon-like heroes in the DC universe.

I'm RICH!!

:applause:

I'm only kinda/sorta rich now.

If they are doing the movie, it's gotta be the "Main Man" Lobo. Just base it on The Last Czarnian. If it's a hit, the next one is the Paramilitary Xmas Special.

I'm RICH!!

I'm only kinda/sorta rich now.

If they are doing the movie, it's gotta be the "Main Man" Lobo. Just base it on The Last Czarnian. If it's a hit, the next one is the Paramilitary Xmas Special.

I was going to recommend the same exact stories.