• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOBO is a go for real!
3 3

160 posts in this topic

I'm RICH!!

:applause:

I'm only kinda/sorta rich now.

If they are doing the movie, it's gotta be the "Main Man" Lobo. Just base it on The Last Czarnian. If it's a hit, the next one is the Paramilitary Xmas Special.

I was going to recommend the same exact stories.

:applause:

I just recently watched the Xmas Fan Film. It was pretty good for what they were working with. The battle with Santa was a little anti-climactic compared to the comic, but I still enjoyed it.

Not to assume everything Tim Miller has a hand in will be gold. But it is interesting what would have come of this film.

Deadpool Director Was Once Up To Direct Lobo Movie

Things might have been different though if Director of Deadpool Tim Miller had ended up working on the interstellar bounty hunter. (via Hitfix)

"I met on...Lobo two, three years ago," said Miller at the press day for the film's upcoming DVD/Blu-ray release (May 10). "They had a -script then. So it's not like -- and I think they even did a test for it early on. I think it's something that filmmakers and sometimes the studios want to do [R-rated superhero movies]. They just haven't seen that they can actually make money."

Not to assume everything Tim Miller has a hand in will be gold. But it is interesting what would have come of this film.

Deadpool Director Was Once Up To Direct Lobo Movie

Things might have been different though if Director of Deadpool Tim Miller had ended up working on the interstellar bounty hunter. (via Hitfix)

"I met on...Lobo two, three years ago," said Miller at the press day for the film's upcoming DVD/Blu-ray release (May 10). "They had a -script then. So it's not like -- and I think they even did a test for it early on. I think it's something that filmmakers and sometimes the studios want to do [R-rated superhero movies]. They just haven't seen that they can actually make money."

That would have been interesting if he did Lobo first.

That would have been interesting if he did Lobo first.

I've noticed Tim Miller's name coming up on previous projects that I never noticed before.

Watch the Iron Man Demo Reels That Deadpool's Tim Miller Made for Marvel

The story of Deadpool’s surprising success can be directly traced back to the CG demo reel Tim Miller and Blur Studios produced to sell Fox on Deadpool. But it turns out Miller and Blur also did something similar for Marvel Studios—and it helped the first Iron Man movie get made in the first place.

Marvel tasked Miller and Blur Studios to develop a series of Iron Man shorts targeted to kids, designed to help explain who the character was and raise awareness. According to Marvel’s Chief Creative Office Joe Quesada, the shorts had three objectives:

1- Clearly demonstrate that there was a man inside the armor.

2- Show off his wide range of cool powers.

3- Position him clearly as a hero on the same level as Spidey and Hulk by having those characters show how cool they perceive him to be and valued him as a peer.

:o

Jason Fuchs Still Working On LOBO -script

Screenwriter Jason Fuchs (Pan, Wonder Woman) is still hard at work on the Lobo -script. But will his film feature the 'New 52 Lobo' or the 'old Lobo?'

Back in March, it was reported that Pan screenwriter Jason Fuchs had impressed WB so much with his -script for Wonder Woman that the studio had hired him to write the screenplay for Lobo. Three months later, it appears that Fuchs is still hard at work as evidenced by the Instagram post featuring the 'Main Man' and his laptop.

FKi6LFJ.jpg

Stan Lee Reveals Favorite Character In Comics Not His Own

Additionally, Lee was asked which comic book is a favorite of his that he had no part in creating. Surprisingly, he expressed a love for DC's intergalactic bounty hunter. "What was his name? Big, tough guy? Lobo," he answered after briefly struggling to come up with his name. "Did you ever see, Lobo? I thought he was a character that should be a Marvel character, 'cause he was the worst human being (he's actually an alien from planet Czarnia) on Earth, and he was so evil and vile and strong and ugly, and I loved him! But he belonged to DC. But they never knew what to do with him."

There was an update in March.

Could DC’s ‘Lobo’ Movie Be Its Very Own ‘Deadpool’?

Deadpool has changed the superhero movie landscape in more than one way. In one fell swoop, it single-handedly proved the viability of an R-rated blockbuster, shattering records left and right on its way to becoming the highest grossing X-Men movie of all time. This in turn led to every competitor looking inward, poring through their respective stables of superheroes to find their own version of the Merc with a Mouth. Over at DC, it looks like its done just that too, as plans for Lobo have officially gone into effect.

He’s the last of the Czarnian race of aliens, having killed off his entire race for no other reason than because he could, and he’s infamous for his shameless fixation on violence in all of its forms. Basically, he’s Deadpool in an even more murder-y and less meta form, and the timing couldn’t be better for his movie to go into production.

Details concerning the project are scarce, but what we do know is that Wonder Woman writer Jason Fuchs will be penning the screenplay. And it appears that the upcoming Lobo movie will feature the grittier original version of Lobo rather than the more distinguished looking version introduced in the New 52 DC Comics reboot.

xK3rURC.png

The movie has spent years wallowing in development hell up until recently. In April of 2012, a Don Payne-written -script was taken on for rewrites by Brad Peyton (San Andreas), but saw little movement as concerns for Lobo‘s viability and DC’s greater Superman-centric plans arose. Thanks to the massive success of Deadpool though, there are few if any roadblocks to prevent the biker antihero from shining in his own feature film soon.