• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone getting a PSP tomorrow??

21 posts in this topic

I was going to when it was first announced, but then discovered the PSP has a mechanical disk drive and uses small, proprietary mini-CDs (UMD).

That was a no-sale for me right off the bat, as I have no desire to buy a hand-held with something as fragile as a CD drive motor, especially as it only plays UMD media.

i will wait, 300 bucks buys a lot of comics, or one really nice one :P

I reckon we're on the same wavelength here. I'm so bad that when im out shopping for food i look at.....lets say a bag of Roast Potatoes at 1.20 and think.....hmmm could get Green Lantern Comic for this. Hence why my average shopping list is 20 bucks and i promptly jog to the comic shop where it is double/triple that *laughs*

I would definately go with the PSP, I have mine already (it was officially released today), and it was $250 in a bundle with lots of extras (memory stick, headphones, protective case, Spider-Man 2 movie, etc...).

I've spent some time playing the Nintendo DS handheld, but it just didn't excite me very much (and I consider myself a Nintendo fan). The PSP is quite the machine....the LCD screen is AMAZING, and the launch line-up of games is great!

So far for games, I have Lumines (addictive tetris-like puzzle game), and Ridge Racers (great arcade racer that really shows off the graphics and processing power of this machine).

Hope that helps thumbsup2.gif

Why can't we just stick a ps2 in a back back, attach a portable tv off our shoulders so we are facing it and hang a generator from our belts? I probably cheaper way to have a "hand held" console.

AT $300 bucks a pop....I'll pass.

Remember what a PS2 cost when it 1st came out? tonofbricks.gif

The price tag was only $50 more than you can buy it now. Of course, it sold for a lot more because stores couldnt keep them in stock.